1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Dwight isn't "thrilled" with PG situation.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 8, 2013.

1. basketballholic

That's true. Parsons is being very political. That's not leadership. Leaders have to lead. They have to do the tough things. They have to call out people when they need called out, friend or not. This team doesn't need politics. It needs leaders to lead. Set the tone with their practice, their work ethic, their approach, and how they improve their games. Howard and Harden's cracks are showing right now, big time.

Sorry....just calling it like I see it. This can't continue and we actually win anything. Everything I mentioned needs to be addressed and improved. And blaming Lin won't work. It's on Dwight and James how far this teams goes. If this team fails it's on them.

2. Gumblin

Gumblin Member

What bothers me about last night isn't Lin being yelled at or who muffed the last posession. It's the fact that when Lin got hammered and Harden and Howard just looked at him and walked away. That is completely screwed up. I don't know what kind of beef is going on internally, if any at all, but no one deserves to be treated that way. No one.

3. Gumblin

Gumblin Member

I'm hoping that we're all over-reacting as Rocket fans/followers. But, where there is smoke there is usually fire. I'm pretty certain a small portion of it is at least true.

4. WAYFARER713

WAYFARER713 Member

MAKE YOUR F#%@IN FREE THROWS DWIGHT!!.. That was terrible to watch.. Let Asik close games out..

5. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I agree. I also do not think Parsons is as untradeable as everyone thinks.

6. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Lin's post-practice interview from today. Lin revealed that he talked to his agent last night who reminded him off where he was 3 years ago (almost out of the league). Anyway, nothing big revealed, just curious that he talked to his agent last night. :grin: Maybe he is frustrated with his current situation?

http://www.nba.com/rockets/video/2013/11/08/Lin1108PostPracticeMOV-3032341

7. jcee15

jcee15 Member

Whatever happens, unless it's a splash rating a real world 10-10, do not trade Asik.

Please don't trade an unselfish, underrated, legit big because of Dwight Howard.

Howard will run away from a challenge just like he tried to run from D'Antoni to avoid Hack-a-Howard after he had been busting some FT's. How do you lose confidence after you've just proven to yourself you can make 50%.

Instead you try to run away from the foul, it wasn't funny dude. It's no wonder you started bricking and short arming Ft's.

Champions walk towards the challenge.

8. figment

figment Member

:(:(:(:(

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

He was already 5-14 at that point, I think. You think the rest of the team wants to see Howard attempt more FTs?

10. MD_in_Training

Not sure if anyone noticed this play, but when Harden went hard to the basket in the 4th and got knocked down, Dwight was like 5 feet away from him and just turned his back. Beverly was literally across the court and ran over to help up Harden. I don't know what all this means, but I don't think the not-helping-teammates-up phenomenon is limited to Lin.

11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

My guess is Dwight's PG issues about getting the ball in post where and when he likes it. IMO, he is merely pointing out an area that the Rockets need to work on.

Quick fix: Go get a PG that already can do this. No.

I think this can be learned in time and Howard will calm down. In fact, when we iron out more of our kinks, and start winning more easily, everybody will suddenly seem happy and content.

I see it as growing pains caused by a major roster change.

12. alethios

alethios Member

Who can we trade for that is 1) worth having and 2) the other team would be willing to trade for say, Lin & Asik?

13. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

I haven't been checking our Clutchfans consistently in awhile and all I had to do was check in after last night's loss to remember why.

I could SOMEWHAT understand the Lin bashing last year - due to his own inconsistencies as well as some of you letting the LOF's get to you with some of their ridiculous posts and statements.

But, to see people busting him up THIS year is absurd. Beyond logical and extremely either biased or ignorant.

The guy is shooting 53% from the field and 44% from downtown. His PER, while it's very early, is over 19. If you look at his game logs, it's a model of consistency for the most part. (one game with more than 3 TO's)

He's obviously improved his left as well as his on ball defense. (still not great btw)

Does he still get in the lane an pick up his dribble too much? Yes. Get in the air and need to get bailed out? Sure.

But, it's obvious the guy has worked his ass off to improve his game, is playing with confidence and determination and playing WELL.

The double standard some of you use is crazy. Bev (who I like and reminds me in a way of one of my all time favorite Rockets, Mad Max) has a horrible game and it's "Let him get back from his injury", but when Lin tried to play through his in last year's playoffs, "he sucks". People comparing PER's and stats for Bev and Lin in that series was a joke.

Seeing people still on his case is amazing. It's worse - much worse - than all the AB/Lowry crap that used to go on. Some of you guys show your true lack of BB knowledge and maturity.

As far as the Dwight not being thrilled stuff, I'm sure that was the case from the get go - I definitely wondered if that'd have an effect on him as everyone knew he wanted to play with an elite PG.

Still, as much as I defended Cyberx in the past, it IS a little suspicious he received this info "today" yet chose to share it with us after an emotional loss.

For anyone trying to use the video to show people "yelling at Lin"...LOL... that is comical. Lin is more upset with Dwight than anyone "yelling at Lin". That is TALKING, not even close to arguing. And Bickerstaff "yelling"? LOL. Again, where in the world do you see that. Lin was obviously the most emotional of all three of those guys. Amazing.

Look, IF Dwight voiced any frustration or concern over the "PG situation", it is extremely understandable. It was a very emotional loss. For something like that to be said after a loss to his former team and for him not to perform well, with his track record... sure, it could have been expressed.

Still, things like this happen after emotional losses. The fact that this team had a meeting after ONE LOSS (to the Clippers) shows they are focused on winning and addressing things immediately. This is another test to see how they respond as a team.

Are there "uh oh's" because Dwight is involved? Without question. But, man... let's give it a minute and see how they respond. If they get the W Saturday night, the mood/vibe/feeling will be totally different.

But, you Lin haters should really think before you post. It's sad.

(and DD... I thought you were pretty knowledgeable - but to say he continues to go UNDER screens is crazy. He's been running around picks MUCH more than going under screens lately. Additionally, a huge part of that is determined by the GAME PLAN as well)

4 people like this.
  14. basketballholic

This cannot be emphasized enough. That was the low point. And Howard and Harden need to know about it. They need to know everybody saw it. They need to know and understand how disgraceful and disgusting that was. I'm thinking about lighting up Morey's and their twitter feeds about it. Gonna wait and mull it over some more. But I think the message needs to get across to them. You would NEVER see Lebron James do that to a teammate. And we all know the crap Lebron went through in Cleveland, the horsing around, etc. But he came out and manned up with his team. His performance may have suffered because of those things but his on court manner and how he treated his teammates did not. And he could have easily been justified to act like a jerk considering those circumstances.

It's total horse crap the way they acted. They need to learn the lesson and NEVER DO IT AGAIN!!!

If I were Morey and McHale I would be having a very pointed sit down, closed-door in the office meeting with those two guys today. I'd be doing the talking and I wouldn't accept any excuses from them. I'd call them out on it straight and hard. And if they didn't like it I'd tell them they are doubling down on a mistake. I'd force them to own it and get it right with Lin. That's how disgusting and hurtful to the team that was.

15. jcee15

jcee15 Member

IDC what the rest of team wants in reguards to hack-a-howard.
    It doesn't matter.
    I want to see a champion mindset, I don't give a shiet what happens before.....I'm going to knock these down until teams quit playing with me.

16. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Exactly.

He's been frustrated many times already this year with EVERYONE'S passes. Most notably, telling everyone to THROW IT UP and not down/or with bounce passes.

17. zman2002

zman2002 Member

Steve Kerr mentioned Basketball God and karma when one does not play the right way. I know it's harsh but I agree with him 100% having played team sports all my life. Lin should have passed the ball to Harden, no excuse.

That said, it sure was not a pretty scene, and the picture is worth a thousand words, isn't it?

18. figment

figment Member

Beverly is just one classy guy who plays his heart out, and whether he or Lin starts I have the utmost respect for both of our PG's and have faith in them.

19. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

I thought Lin should've given it up too. But the spacing wasn't very good and the defender waited until the last second to contest Lin - he played it pretty well.

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

You're not getting it. Howard WASN'T knocking anything down. He had missed a few in a row prior to the strategy being started, already.

You're putting a negative spin on him "running away" from a possible H-a-H situation.

First of all, if the ball was inbounded and Howard ran away for a bit, more time would have come off the clock. Good for us, bad for Lakers. If Howard kept getting sent to the line and missing, that's possible points for the Lakers, no possibility of points for us - good for Lakers, bad for us.

Dwight didn't need to pull out his ****-measuring stick, because there was no need to. He needs to do what is good for the team, and not for what you think is some quota to be filled for a "I want to be a champion!!! rawr!" mindset.