1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source close to Westbrook believe he was made out to be a scapegoat for Houston's playoff meltdown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James.B.H, Dec 4, 2020.

1. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

totally D.I.O.T.

don grahamleone, tinman and YOLO like this.
  3. riko

riko Member

No his play speaks for itself. He was god awful .

4. xaos

xaos Member

He was the worst basketball player on the court each Laker game

5. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I really wanted him to succeed here, but if he can't even comprehend or admit how terrible he was in the playoffs, that is a major problem. I was willing to wait and see if he could bounce back and do better this year, working on correcting his flaws. However, it sounds like he doesn't even realize he was the biggest single problem for the Rockets in the Lakers series. They probably would have lost to the Lakers even if Westbrook had played well. Westbrook's awfulness made it certain.

6. mightybosstone

Are you really a "scapegoat" if you actually WERE the reason for the playoff meltdown? Stealing some words of the "Princess Pride" here: "You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means."

7. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Couldn't shoot
    Couldn't defend
    Required the ball in his hands to do anything

He sucked

8. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

We literally changed our offense and personnel to suit his game. We trade cp + multiple picks to get him here to play with his best friend and then he requests a trade after his first year. He sucked ass in the playoffs but yeah it’s our fault he shares blame for an underwhelming season.

9. bmd

bmd Member

I mean, blame covid or his quad... either way the fact is he sucked balls during the playoffs when the team needed him the most.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Can’t believe the guy deserving by far the most blame received by far the most blame.

11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I mean he was and he was. His style on James Harden’s team was definitely going to be awful.

This guy is a former MVP, averaged a triple double and a shoe in for the Hall of Fame. How can one expect him to enjoy being in a situation where he’s going to be blamed every time. He was the reason we got massacred by the Lakers but because him and Harden were never a good match.

D-rock likes this.
  12. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Ummm not a scapegoat. He WAS the reason!
    He's a superstar and paid like one, who didn't perform.
    But I think most people cut him some slack as he recuperated from Covid and an injury.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol Scapegoat

riko likes this.
  14. riko

riko Member

You can’t blame dumb play after dumb play on Covid! Has he had COVID for the majority of his career to? The guy is known for his lack of basketball IQ. He has never got out of the first round without Harden or KD.

Emtenndo, AroundTheWorld and D-rock like this.
  15. T for 3

T for 3 Member

You can't be a scapegoat if no one came even close to your level of awfulness in the playoffs. If we listed all the reasons we lost he'd be #1 by a mile. That may hurt your feelings, but you are not a scapegoat.

16. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Does this guy not watch or study film tape? Someone should gift him the entire LAL / HOU playoff series for Xmas

[​IMG]

17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Again. Look at his credentials. Either stay and be known for the losses or go somewhere else and do more great things.

18. xaos

xaos Member

A man doing this while down 3-1 and down about 30 points with 9 mins left is delusional.

ICEibuPROfen and jordnnnn like this.
  19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

20. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I'm glad he believes it.

Means he's smarter than I think

Nook likes this.