1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Some new info......

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by KAS13, Apr 27, 2006.

1. KAS13

KAS13 Member

if some one wants to merge it into the big thread that's cool but for those who don't want to sort through all the current arguments going on there I thought I'd post it here.

The Bush deal is close to complete. Everything CC is saying is basically BS. It's looking like we will have the deal ready for Friday. Bush is definitely going number 1. Apparently there were some people in the organization who were campaigning for Mario (not sure who though) but that Mario is pissed at the Texans. Supposedly he was unhappy with the way things were going and started to come off like he didn't even want to play here. That basically made up everyone's mind (the people who originally coveted mario). He basically figured out like everyone else that we were using him for leverage on Bush (and it worked).

No trades are going to happen (at least not for the first pick). We are pursuing other deals though with our next 3 picks. We want a OL and a DB. This kind oif scares me considering CC does have control over most of the draft except our first pick. That's what i have for now. Everyone's hope is that Reggie's deal gets done today but they will pick him #1 regardless deal or no deal on Saturday.

2. Rockets34Legend

Hey KAS, I have read on other forums that Mario didn't want to be the #1 pick, didn't want to come to Houston, and instead would love to go to NO. He said he loves the coaching staff there and feels like he would be a good fit for them. But that's just what I read and heard...

Cass has control over the rest of the picks? WTF? Why? :mad:

3. updawg

updawg Member

So we can expecdt another crappy draft other than the 1st pick?

4. Austin70

Austin70 Member

Why is CC going to help at all? His desk should be packed up now and he should be waiting to collect his last paycheck. Stay away from the draft Chuck.

5. rhester

rhester Member

Thanks for the thread and info...

We need a right tackle and a CB badly, but please don't let C Casserly touch these picks and don't let CC negotiate any trades.

I would rather pick off an internet mock draft than trust CC with any pick past round one.

6. JumpMan

JumpMan Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Since you're an insider can you tell us, once and for all, who the source of the Plame leak was? And who is going to draft Vince and Matt?

7. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate

Hey Mr. Insider...

I'll pay good money if you kidnap Casserly and keep him away from the draft this saturday so he wont' screw up any more picks.

Signed,

Concerned Texans Fan

8. swilkins

swilkins Member

Thanks KAS

And just in time for my 4,000th post. :)

9. texanskan

texanskan Member

No, CC will bring it this year! We don't have Vic Fangio telling him to trade a second rounder for p-burnt or to trade the second and third round picks to move up for Babin.

10. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Member

This was reported yesterday by NFL Network's Adam Schefter,

11. VesceySux

VesceySux Member

Sura faints.

Edgerrin James = 4 years, $30 million
    Shaun Alexander = 8 years, $62 million
    Reggie Bush = 6 years, $49 million

Then again, Alex Smith got 6 years, $49.5 million last year. But is a running back really worth QB money?

12. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Member

Only $24-25 million is quaranteed, which is just about exactly what Smith got last year.

13. rocketfat

rocketfat Member

believe me, i am all for bashing the guy, but strictly from a draft standpoint, was casserly really all that miserable in his 4 years?

14. MadMax

MadMax Member

the answer is yes.

15. KAS13

KAS13 Member

It's not that he doesn't want to be the #1 pick it was that supposedly he got pissed when he figured out he was being used as a pawn. The negotiations between the Bush camp heated up while Williams people didn't get that same treatment. Then, Williams hears CC talking about how it's still between those two and got offended. What Williams then decided to do was posture to try to get to NO (it will cost him money if they don't take him). What NO is going ot do is still way up in the air (trade, take Mario or Brick) and he doesn't want to slide. If NO doesn't pick him then the team trading up will most likely be Oakland to land Young. If that happens Tennessee goes Leinart and Williams starts to fall (although I think the Jets would take him but they love Brick). So that's basically Mario protecting himself.

CC doesn't have complete control but he is definitely involved. McNair only stepped in for the Bush pick. Odds are we got with Winston is he's there unless a top talent falls to us at CB. I don't see us going offense (unless it's OL) at all unless it's late (4th round on).

16. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

I find it hard to believe Casserly is in control of the draft. Maybe that's the way the Texans want it to appear out of respect for someone who has one foot out the door. Surely Kubiak has the final decision on all draft picks.

17. franchise403

franchise403 Member

Reggie really has the weight of the organization and the city of Houston on his back. If he fails the fans will turn on him and the organization real quick.

All I can say is Run Reggie Run!!!

18. KAS13

KAS13 Member

Not going to talk about the first part. The VY and Matt thing is pretty tough for me to call. It's honestly more me speculating on what I've heard. I heard Reese and Fisher love VY and of course Chow loves Leinart. The titans feel Leinart is the most NFL ready. I really think Oakland is going to try to move and get VY (Davis is enamored with him, he might like him more then Bush). It's up in the air right now honestly. If I had to guess I would say VY ends up in Tennessee (but that is me speculating not something that i know), unless Oakland trades up. I think Cutler may be the guy that slips bad.

19. KAS13

KAS13 Member

Of course Kubiak is involved largely but CC is definitely a major player in the draft. McNair still respects his opinion.

20. KAS13

KAS13 Member

He won't fail.