1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So wishing injury and even death on a player is OK now?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by jaedenky, Apr 28, 2014.

1. real_egal

real_egal Member

Which part of the joke did I miss, after Aldridge hit him hard on head in mid-air? Seriously, deserving to be flagrant-fouled is your way of NOT wanting him get injured?

You quoting yourself on a sane post, to imply that your insane post was a joke? That must be the joke you were referring to.

1 person likes this.
  2. Zboy

Zboy Member

An NBA player took a hard foul going to the basket in a playoffs game (which was not even ruled a flagrant) and I made a joke about it.

Oh the humanity.

Keep crying about it if it makes you feel any better.

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yo that's not right but I damn near cried laughing reading all of this.

4. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

It takes a certain amount of intelligence to make a joke. Some people just don't have it and it comes across as stupidity.

5. Zboy

Zboy Member

Coming from "Mr. 180 in the shortest amount of time" I have seen.

The numbers are not clear.....uh.... the numbers are looking very clear.

Talk about a mental lag.

6. basketballholic

I agree with your original post. There should be no place for hate. It should be reported. Also posts that have no basketball value but are simply words meant to incite argument and posts like this one where posters call each other names and curse at each other.

You hurt your own cause with the above post. All you did here with this post was let the other poster know that they are getting under your skin. Don't lower yourself to that level. Report abusive behavior and keep your conversation in GARM about the Rockets. If a poster continues to personally attack you at every turn without discussing the team or the team content subject of the thread after you have reported them multiple times then simply block them and move on. If they can't discussed the team then what good are they? Block.

#86 basketballholic, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  7. Rox11

Rox11 Member

T's take tsk, I'm on mobile version right now so I cannot see how long you've been here but I would assume not long because you're making old claims that log used to make.
    The reason you think we "aassume" all lofs are Asian is because as soon as we started criticizing lin, all of them started pulling the race card. Claiming we are racists and discriminating against him because of where he's from.

Even my lof bud who made a bet with me that port will win this series admitted lin fd up. So calm you arse down kid.

8. real_egal

real_egal Member

Parsons hit LMA's forearm was ruled as a flagrant 1, while LMA's foul on Lin was much more vicious. The ruling was obviously wrong. Your "joke" was on hitting Lin's head, not on the ruling.

I pointed out what you said was wrong, and didn't expect you to own up to it. You can continue with your Asian picture trolling.

9. makio9

makio9 Member

It is very busy in here over the playoffs. They will be banned soon. Give it time. keeping in mind that everybody has the right to an opinion as long as it isn't racist.

10. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Member

LOL at these racist posts.

Asian jokes are fair game. But God forbid anyone say anything about black people. That's America folks.

If the latest fiasco with Donald Sterling showed anything, its that racism shouldn't be accepted in 2014.

*throws shirt down on the floor*

*wears wife beater inside-out*

11. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Ha ha, now that's funny :)

12. basketballholic

Can you copy those racist posts into a thread so I can click on them and report them too?

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

People said things on the internet and it upset me. Someone needs to do something about it.

But seriously... just report them. Might take the mods a bit to get to it, but they'll handle it.

1 person likes this.
  14. DJNICK

DJNICK Member

15. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Member

dude chill. didn't i tell u to chill?

i thought the gif was the best to make fun of the situation to lighten the mood a bit. and what it said was what the guy originally posted. I even put a spoiler on it. lol.

keep some class. not everyone is out there to get you or Lin. some people are extreme because they are angry, and spilling out hatred words on a forum is safer and better than say, beating the wife or children :eek::eek:

you shouldn't take those things personally. Lin doesn't

16. joegoroxy

joegoroxy Member

Meh, ignore it. Its internet, everyone has an opinion regardless of if they know what they are talking about.

I find it ironic, you would think a fan site for my favorite team would enhance my love for it, but I found myself in recent months actually enjoying the Rockets more when I save myself from reading ignorance found within ClutchFans. :grin:

17. jms99

jms99 Member

Well, considering that Lin lost 3 playoff games for us this year single-handedly. And was arguably the sole contributor to us not getting a championship last year, and considering that I admit to hitting a girl before, I would say from my point of view, it is okay to wish injury upon a player.

I also once stole a guy's camera when he went to the bathrooms and sold it on craigslist. But I can honestly say that I'm not a D-bag, an A-hole, Racist, or straight-up Criminal for the massive majority of my life.

18. jms99

jms99 Member

well, personally, like i've said before, I do admit that I am a racist. I believe that I have some subconscious biases that affect how I perceive other races. Without a doubt I'm a racist. I root against Jeremy because he's Asian.

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

To the first bolded thing: Not sure if srs, or just completely blind.

To the second bolded thing: LOLOL WUT?

20. moreyonlyfan

moreyonlyfan Member

Lol at this man-child.