1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So the Clippers feel that their franchise just cant sink any lower...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RocketGZ, Feb 5, 2010.

1. RocketGZ

RocketGZ Member

Source

Not saying that he's going to be in that position, but for the Clippers to even CONSIDER Thomas is just... mind boggling... to run in the 3 key positions of GM, Coach and President too, yikes! I can't decide whether to feel pity or just laugh. Though this stuff maybe just BS since it's all speculation, I thought it was an entertaining thought. Just some morbid curiosity stuff for potential Clippers fans here, and some comical speculation for the rest in lieu of all the trade talks.

2. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Thomas is a great coach, as long as he is not doing 2 jobs.

3. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

That would be awesome. Blake Griffin for Elton Brand would probably be the first move.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Well, at least the black Daryl Morey knows how to draft guys... and Clips will be doing a lot of that.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

One final plea from a Western Conference exec. on reported Clips contact of Isiah Thomas to run operation: "Please God, let it be true."
    about 5 hours ago from web

Ah, it was fun while it lastedRT @SPORTSbyBROOKS: Clippers deny Isiah Thomas report. Drat! http://bit.ly/96WbnE
    about 5 hours ago from TweetDeck

One final from a GM: "Man oh man, that would be the 7th sign of the Apocalypse..."

The leader in the clubhouse: "You wonder why their (crap) is always (bleeped) up???"

Another: "God help us all -- no way!"

Front office responses on Isiah-to-Clips: "Initial reaction is that it's not true, but it's the Clippers so I'll have to reserve judgment."

Getting some fantastic texts/emails from league front office executives on Fox Sports story on Clipps contacting Isiah. Should I post a few?

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This would be like a tug of war with the worst owner and the worst GM ever on one side. What force could possibly oppose them?

7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Goodness. Just this 1 move will turn them back to the Benoit Benjamin days.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Will never happen.

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

I don't know why Sterling isn't going after a Morey-type of a GM. It's perfect for a cheap owner: GM gets paid less, his statheads are cheaper than flying scouts everywhere, more likely to hit on high draft picks, produce some wins without having to pay anyone... I see no downside.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

It requires high initial investment, and a high amount of faith. Statheads abound aplenty, how do you know which one to hire? Plus like I said after you hired the stathead you have to invest in technological babble, and hire personnel to help the said stathead out. He can't compute raw data with his head, he has to have high tech equipment to do it.

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This would be hilarious.

We should then immediately offer this:

Successful Trade Scenario
    Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to Houston and L.A. Clippers being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Houston and L.A. Clippers had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
    Trade ID
    Trade ID #5435592

Every trade made by fans is allocated a unique Trade ID which you can share with friends and fellow basketball fans to allow them to see your trade scenario.

Try Another Trade or visit our Trade Forum.
    Houston Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: -6.8 ppg, -3.8 rpg, and -0.8 apg.

Incoming Players
    Blake Griffin
    6-10 from Oklahoma
    No games yet played in 2009-2010
    Outgoing Players
    Brian Cook
    6-9 PF from Illinois
    1.2 ppg, 0.6 rpg, 0.1 apg in 2.5 minutes
    David Andersen
    0-0 from
    5.6 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.7 apg in 14.1 minutes

L.A. Clippers Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: +6.8 ppg, +3.8 rpg, and +0.8 apg.

Incoming Players
    Brian Cook
    6-9 PF from Illinois
    1.2 ppg, 0.6 rpg, 0.1 apg in 2.5 minutes
    David Andersen
    0-0 from
    5.6 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.7 apg in 14.1 minutes
    Outgoing Players
    Blake Griffin
    6-10 from Oklahoma
    No games yet played in 2009-2010

12. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Doesn't surprise me, Zeke has got a perverse Midas touch like Larry Brown, doesn't matter how much he's screwed up in the past, he'll always find someone to pay him 5M a year. I heard NY Knicks owner Dolan still has dinner with the guy.