1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So I want to get more into Radiohead/NIN/Tool...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Franchise3, Feb 5, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

So as I'm going through my ipod and re-ripping all my mix cds into higher bit rates, I'm realizing there are some really good bands that I don't have that many songs from. Three of the bands that stood out to me right away were Radiohead, NIN, and Tool. I mainly only have their popular singles, but I know each band has a lot more good songs. What good songs from each band can you recommend to me that I don't already have?

Here's what I got:

Radiohead:
    Creep
    Paranoid Android
    There There
    Go To Sleep
    Reckoner

NIN:
    Closer
    Head Like A Hole
    Into The Void
    Hurt
    Only
    The Hand That Feeds
    Everyday Is Exactly The Same

Tool:
    Aenima
    46 and 2
    Jambi
    Lateralus
    Prison Sex
    Push1t
    Schism
    Sober
    Stinkfist
    Vicarious
    H
    The Pot

2. bmthint

bmthint Member

Get the whole album the Bends by Radiohead its so amazing. Just get anything by tool lol. Eulogy, opiate, parabola, ticks and leeches just limewire nething u can. both of em are amazing bands, and i personally havent heard anything from either of them that i dont like.

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

get jimmy by tool.

oh and once you get accustomed to this music, you may want try out the force of nature that is The Mars Volta

4. Convictedstupid

I have every album by radiohead. Theyre all freaking phenominal except in rainbows.... which I actually dont like...

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

For realz? I'm a HUGE Radiohead fan, and besides OK Computer, I count this one as my fave.

As for Tool, download every freaking album. I'm kinda or really biased on this one, but they have yet to make a bad song.

6. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

7. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Ditto that- except In Rainbows has several good songs. For a starting point, I'd have to go with Hail to the Thief- something about it- can't go wrong with Bends, OK, Kid A, and Amnesiac, though.

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

remembered some more TOOL:

Eulogy, Right In Two, The Grudge, Parabol/Parabola, Undertow, Wings for Marie (pt. 1), 10,000 Days (wings, pt. 2)

Btw, 46&2 and Lateralus are absolute GOLD

9. Mak Attack

Mak Attack Member

Radiohead:
    Get Kid A and OK Computer. In Rainbows is pretty solid as well. Amnesiac was made in the same year as Kid A and is very much in the same vein.

All Radiohead albums are winners...with the exception of Pablo Honey. Not very familiar with it, but apparently I'm not missing anything from what I have heard. Kid A is where it's at though, srsly.

NIN:
    You can't go wrong with any NIN album. Asking me to pick a favorite is next to impossible. The Fragile was a masterpiece. The Downward Spiral is right there with it. And Year Zero. And of course, the classic, Pretty Hate Machine. However, I will warn you...if you actually purchase PHM as a physical copy...it will disappear somehow, as it has for every one of my friends and myself.

Tool:
    10,000 days(Wings Pt. II). The song more specifically than the entire album. That's all I'm gonna say.

10. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Funny these are three of my favorite bands. I've seen each of them at least 5 times each live. I've actually seen NIN 14 times, most recently when I traveled to Vegas in December to catch their final show for the Lights in the Sky tour.

You can't go wrong with ANY of their albums. Radiohead especially has an amazing catalog. Download The Bends, Ok Computer, Kid A, Amnesiac, and In Rainbows. Every single track on those albums is solid. For NIN, The Downward Spiral is a classic album, but for something more recent check out Year Zero and The Slip. The Fragile is a double album that came out in 1999 and is absolute masterpiece. For Tool, 10,000 Days is their most recent album and is actually my favorite. Wings for Marie part 2 has to be one of the most amazing songs ever recorded.

Happy listening, you've made a good choice!

11. Mak Attack

Mak Attack Member

Oh yeah, for Radiohead I complete left off the Bends. Just too many damn good albums. :cool:

I'd actually say Kid A > The Bends > OK Computer.

12. flipmode

flipmode Member

i'm going to get skewered by most of the radiohead/nin/tool fans (and i know this, as a casual listener of all three...)

but i'm hijacking this thread to suggest Muse.

"Stockholm Syndrome"
    "Sunburn"
    "Take a Bow"
    "Starlight"
    "Supermassive Black Hole"
    "Knights of Cydonia"
    "Citizen Erased"
    "New Born"
    "Feeling Good"

Muse has the vocal capability of Thom Yorke, the pop aspects of NIN, and a little of the abstract from Tool.

ok, flame away

13. bmthint

bmthint Member

DUDE WTF MUSE BLOWS U SUCK AT LIFE OIFJOIWEJFFIWEOF

jk. Muse is beast but he DID ask for tool/nin/radiohead :p

14. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I'd love to flame you for this, but after seeing them in concert I was blown away. I've seen over 200 live acts, and this band LIVE is a top 10 act. Just unbelievable.

15. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Hail to the Thief is Radiohead's best album and everyone who has an opinion that is anything other than that or one on those other bands is a moron.

16. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Muse has some really solid songs. Check out "Plug in Baby." I digress.

I have to say that I love In Rainbows. So many awesome tracks on that one. Ok Computer and The Bends are must haves. Kid A is great too, but I suggest listening to the others first. Hail to the Thief and Amnesiac are good, but not as the rest. If nothing else check out the song "Knives Out."

Radiohead is probably my second favorite band.

17. Wakko67

Wow really? Have you not heard all the other albums?

There There is a great one and there are a couple of standouts, but I don't think any of those songs are in my top ten Radiohead tracks.

Maybe you meant Ok Computer. :p

18. Gerrard

Gerrard Member

Radiohead > Muse, who cares if they're good live. Radiohead were pioneers for so many things. People overlook them for some reason, maybe cause Thom Yorke is ugly and no one in the band is actually appealing to the public unlike other bands. Anyway, anything from Radiohead is good, even Pablo Honey it's just way different than anything you would typically expect from Radiohead. Didn't know people didn't like In Rainbows either, that album was arguably their best one.

19. Wakko67

So far I think only one person here said they didn't like In Rainbows.

Oh and OP, if you get into them, also get their live album I Might Be Wrong.

20. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I agree on the RH albums...especially OKC and Kid A, but all are ace (pablo is decent but not great). But since you asked for songs:

Airbag
    Optimistic
    Idioteque
    Subterranean Homesick Alien
    My Iron Lung
    Karma Police
    Planet Telex
    Where I End and You Begin
    Black Star
    Street Spirit
    I Might Be Wrong
    Everything In It's Right Place