1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

So are we just going to ignore the Summer League!?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by forchette49, Jul 4, 2019.

1. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Forgive me if I've missed this thread, but the Las Vegas Summer League starts tomorrow, and now that I live there, want to finally attend some Rockets games.

What's the lowdown on buying tickets, scalp or order online? Does anyone meet up? Etc. Thanks!

2. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

hoping I can go next year

3. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Tilman is too cheap for us to care about Summer League this year

(not really, hope you have fun. I know it has become more popular recently as an event)

5. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

anyone who played well there will be eventually traded instead to be developed and gained for own good by the Rox

True Rocket, Denovo and CriscoKidd like this.
  6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Anyone who played well there wont get playing time under MDA coached.

7. xaos

xaos Member

Who will be our Danuel House this year?

8. forchette49

This

Ramo$e likes this.
  9. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

To be fair, the Rockets are not a young team on the rise. They are a veteran team ready to contend. Young players who need a lot of development typically don’t get much PT on contending teams. Also, summer league success doesn’t often translate to the big league.

10. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

You can buy them at Thomas & Mack at UNLV. I’ve had them given to me before, but it’s rare. It’s a great time. Just park in the garage on campus and walk over.

Deckard, B-Bob and forchette49 like this.
  11. napalm06

House had some NBA experience before his Rockets summer league appearance. This is a very raw crew this year. I don't know much about any of these guys, so it will be fun just to see what anyone looks like. And to watch a 5'9 guy.

I also want to see if Clark, Edwards, and Hartenstein show any improvement. I never saw anything in Edwards. I'd like to see Clark succeed.

Hartenstein should dominate SL if his G-league play meant anything. It would be a huge boon for the Rockets if he could give serviceable stretch 5 minutes. I remember him hitting his only 3-point attempt against the Warriors on November 15th. I was going crazy.

upload_2019-7-4_19-20-52.png

12. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I remember how fired up some here were over the signing of Deng Adel. Did he play with RGV?

13. napalm06

He played for Raptors 905 scoring 12ppg until December. In January he signed with the Cavs, played 19 games (started 3!) with 1.7 ppg on .306 shooting.

He's an interesting 6'7 SF, but skinny as a pole at 200 lb. He needs development time.

He is slated to play for Australia in the FIBA World Cup in August.

One of his best highlights of the season was a long-2. Can't believe Morey is still talking to him.
    https://www.nba.com/cavaliers/video...662/1548465215176-deng-adel-pump-fake-2433662

#13 napalm06, Jul 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    giddyup likes this.
  14. forchette49

Going to be neat to actually give a live report on how these guys look in person. I'm going on the 11th vs. the Jazz

roslolian and napalm06 like this.
  15. forchette49

Is there a box office where I can buy them in person? The surcharges and fees online are an extra $15, gotta love it.

16. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

You bet your ass we are.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

I will for the Rockets...I hardly ever watch the Rockets in Summer League because we never have any high level or super interesting rookies/young guys

I’m here for Zion, Ja, and RJ when it comes to Summer League

tinman likes this.
  18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

What the heck do they cost if the surcharge is $15?? I think back when I used to go in the early 2000's it was around $10 for a ticket or something. Back then you could shake hands with Rudy T and sit next to the Timberwolves' staff and listen to Kevin McHale talk trash about an NBA player. So much fun. :D I need to get back out there again one day, but nowadays a lot of it is televised or there are enough highlights out there.

Last year we got our hopes up about Edwards, Duval, Adel, etc., and here they are again. Maybe Shamorie will be a steal this year. :D

Deckard and topfive like this.
  19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I hope it's Gary Clark. Would like to see the G-League MVP looking improved too.

seeingred and Deckard like this.
  20. forchette49

$35 for around $50 total, that's why I'm looking to scalp or box office.

Deckard likes this.