1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Slovenian fans want to see Luka Doncic leave Dallas?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sengoat28, Nov 17, 2022.

1. Sengoat28

Sengoat28 Member

According to many Slovenian fans Luka should leave Dallas because he cant win with them a ring. As we know Dallas couldnt bring a 2nd star to Dirk and they cant get for Luka same Story and i dont think Luka is loyal like Dirk. And i think Luka start to think about a change but what could Rockets offer for a trade for Luka Doncic?

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Loyalty really is a foreign concept sheeesh!

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  3. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

So fans are saying he’s leaving or should leave OR are there reports saying he doesn’t want to be in Dallas anymore?

Edit: Why is this in the GARM?

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I dont see a trade that makes sense. This roster is not constructed to take on a veteran centerpiece. And to get a veteran centerpiece we'd have to pay dearly in terms of draft picks (think James Harden deal).

It would short circuit any current rebuild progress and instead we'd be scrambling to fill a roster around Luka with free agents.... and then we'd be .... Dallas.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Player only fans are a cancer everywhere

7. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Yup

8. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Even if he wanted to be traded, ain't no way he's coming here. UNLESS we get Wemby of course.

:cool:

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lost in Slovenian translation.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Why should we care about what Slovenian fans are saying about Luka?

this thread is so forced

11. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Exactly....

We are kind of the opposite of a contender.
    What would we trade for him? Green and Alpy plus picks? Would we have enough assets to quickly put a contender around Luka and Wemby? If not surely he would demand to leave here too...

If Dallas wanted assets, you would think OKC has a bigger bag to offer, and a star to play alongside instantly in SGA

Dobbizzle, hakeem94 and Believe It! like this.
  12. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Member

I did not read anything els after this first "veteran" wording :D lol. seriously? lol. really? lol.

13. thekad

thekad Member

Thread is dumb, but the Rockets (and every team in the league) should be preparing for February 2025. Luka will have one season, and an option, left on his contract.

Gather assets.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  14. napalm06

It would be nice to explain your issue with calling a $43/m a year player in his 5th year in the NBA a "veteran". Is there a different meaning in your country?

I'm afraid that, surprisingly, even after including 3 "lols" your message is still unclear.

Dobbizzle and theDude like this.
  15. Salvy

Salvy Member

I will never want an ex Mav on The Rockets, F*ck Boban...

arabrocket likes this.
  16. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

If you can’t win a ring somewhere, it might just mean you’re not good enough… all these players and fans of players want the easiest path to a ring. It’s ruining the league.

now get off my lawn!

Dobbizzle, pmac and napalm06 like this.
  17. gogispade

gogispade Member

Yea he should leave Dallas and yes Im from Slovenia :D

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

Wrong forum

19. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I think we are too close a rival for them to trade him to us, but I do think it makes way more sense for him to be here than on Dallas. You need to have assets and cap space to help a super star like Luka. You don't really need veteran stars, because Luka is still only 23. The reason it would work here is because we have potentially 3 consecutive top 5 picks on this roster by next year. We also have a group of young guys that can be traded for another younger star, or develop them ourselves. I don't see even a Tari Eason or Sengun type prospect on the Mavs. A Luka trade would be in the off season, so there is time to develop someone to build value, I dont think we will fool anyone with KPJ's empty stats to make them think he has value. You mentioned we would need assets like the James Harden deal, I agree, but we have exactly that , all of the assets from the Harden deal. I don't think it is necessary to trade for someone, but I look at the Pelicans and how they added Brandon Ingram while getting Zion, and potentially getting a very high pick from the Lakers this year (they can possibly land Wemby). I think picking up our own version of a Brandon Ingram would speed things along, as in a guy who is a star but a few years older than the guys we are adding. We could keep one of the out year Brooklyn picks and be in a very similar situation as the Pelicans, I think depending on what happens in the draft Pels could be the most promising young team in the league.

#19 BallSoHarden, Nov 17, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
    napalm06 likes this.
  20. napalm06

I can dig that argument. It requires one to have faith in the current foundation. I'm still shaky on Green and Jabari as center pieces. The question I guess comes down to how much loot would you trade Dallas while still retaining enough to build around Luka. We definitely have the cap space but I'm not familiar with upcoming FAs.

If Dallas would take Gordon and a couple 1sts for Luka? SURE. But that makes no sense.

BallSoHarden likes this.