1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sling TV has just added NFL Network and the REDZONE!

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by what, Aug 27, 2016.

1. what

what Member

For 25 dimes you can get it.

Sling has become, in a very short time, the best live sports streaming site on the internet.

sling.com

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'm very close to quitting Comcast and moving to Sling. Anybody have experience doing that? I've heard bad things about Comcast reps making it a very difficult process.

3. plates300

plates300 Member

looks like they're close to getting CSN as well...I left sling a couple of months ago because their channel line up and video quality was sub par compared to playstation vue, but looks like they're catching up. Greatest part is sling and playstation vue are monthly so you can switch between either :)

4. what

what Member

Oh, I misstated this.

Sling did something rather sneaky. Sling Orange: $20 gets you espn but not nfl network or redzone. Sling Blue: $25 gets you nfl network and redzone BUT NOT ESPN.

You need Sling Orange + Blue to get both NFL NEtwork and Redzone + Espn. Which is $40 a month. Still a good deal but not what I thought.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Playstation Vue >>>>> Sling

6. what

what Member

It depends. Playstation Vue offers live tv for major networks ABC, NBC, NBS and Fox, which is better than Sling.

It's also $5.00 cheaper to get Nfl Network and Redzone: 34.99 vs. $40.00.

The one huge advantage that you get with Sling is that with sling, if you like boxing, you get a live feed for HBO. Nowhere else can you get that for hbo cordcutter service.

To me that is a huge plus for Sling. HBO without the live option is a lot less appealing to me.

The other thing is that Sling has more a la carte options and has a vastly superior spanish offering than you can get anywhere else. For example: with sling you could get espn, tnt and the basics and then add the hollywood package for another 5 bucks: $25 total and get Epix, Epix2, Epix hits and sundance. It would cost you $35 just to get sundance on playstation vue.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If Playstation Vue had Root Sports Houston then I'd get it.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Sling only works on 1 device.

Dealbreaker.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I wasn't aware that Playstation Vue worked on other devices. Is that the case? If so, interesting, because it sounds like a great deal.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Playstation Vue runs on up to 4 devices simultaneously.

11. what

what Member

What do I need to subscribe to PlayStation™Vue?
    Subscribing to PlayStation™Vue is easy. You just need the following:
    A supported, TV-connected device (PlayStation™4 console, PlayStation™3 console, Amazon Fire TV device, or Roku streaming device) with Internet access. (Please see Supported Device FAQs for more specific information.)
    An account on PlayStation™Network* with an associated valid credit card, and a residential address on file. (If a PO box of business account is associated with your account, you will need to manually adjust your address in order to subscribe to PlayStation™Vue.)
    * Sony Entertainment Network

1 person likes this.
  12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I appreciate this. I've thought about looking into Roku.

I have a lot of research to do haha

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You can also stream Vue through Android and Apple phones/devices. There are a few channels that you can't access, but a majority of them are streamable.

A used PS3 hard-wired to a TV is probably the cheapest way to get Vue. You could also hard-wire through an Amazon Fire TV.

Firestick is cheap but you'd have to go through Wifi.

I did the Playstation Vue 7 day trial and was pretty impressed with their interface. I was ready to cut the cord, so I went to Uverse and told them I was cutting unless they slashed my bill significantly.

They obliged so I'm still corded for now, but if Vue does add local sports channels at any point I don't see any reason not to switch.

14. marky :)

marky :) Member

For those with Playstation VUE. I ended my subscription with Vue after NBA finals were over.

I see that they offer live local stations broadcasts. Does that mean I can watch the Texans games on Vue now and any other NFL game that shows up on those stations(fox,abc,nbc,etc)?

Or will it be blacked out for Texans games?

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The ONE thing keeping me from doing Playstation VUE is that they don't get ROOT Sports Houston. For whatever reason, they still have Fox Sports Southwest as the local sports station and that just won't work for me. If they ever correct that, I'll cut cord and go with them in a heartbeat.

16. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

AT&T will be releasing a streaming service later this year called DirecTV Now. Seeing as how AT&T now owns the Root networks, I'm hoping that they'll offer those channels. And if their presentation rivals what Vue has going on then I'll cut the cord on the spot.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Any idea when they've said this will be released? As many have said, ROOT is a must for me in order to watch the Rockets.

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I would say yes, I watched the Arizona/Texans game on Vue which aired on Fox 26. Unfortunately most Texans games will air on CBS which isn't covered by Vue so you'll have to get an over air antenna. I got a 50 mile antenna from amazon for like $30 something.

19. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Can you get CBS on sling?

20. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

What is your experience with Sling TV? Do you like it? Would you recommend it to me? I want to cut my bill from Dish Network.