1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

SLAM magazine

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dback816, Sep 2, 2004.

1. dback816

dback816 Member

ANyone else here subscribe to this mag? When is the next issue coming?

Actually, I'd like to know what the release date is for each issue, since it's not a monthly thing I am really confused on when to expect them in the mail...

2. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

supposedly ppl on this board dont like this magazine for some reason... i used to subscribe back in the early steve days, then they jipped me 20 bux so i stopped. i also used to read the online version(links) but that got annoying after a while (or after i got on this board)

3. drapg

drapg Member

I subscribed to this magazine when I was in early high school.

Then I grew up and realized what real journalism was supposed to be.

4. dean

dean Member

ive been a subscriber for two years. i think it is the best basketball mag out there by far. i get DIMe but i dont like it (it only comes out like 1 once every 4 months and its so thin)

the last issue i got was Billups on the cover. The latest issue they published was Carmelon on the cover for the "Kicks" issue which isn't in the subsription plan. I cant wait til the next regular issue.

prediction for cover: Shaq, Wade, or maybe the rookies.

5. outlaw

outlaw Member

i used to like reading Basketball Digest way back before SLAM was created. Is that still around? It wasn't good for photos but the info was good.

6. dean

dean Member

i was a subscriber of basketball digest for like 2 years when i was in 1st and 2nd grade. I don;t know if it is still around, but i know hockey digest is still being published(same format as bskball digest..about same size as TV Guide, newspaper page material, no color)

outlaw, rememberin basketball digest, every month there were complete stats/schedule for each player and team. also there was fantasy matchups for a duo and they would pick a winner. there was also like "where are they now" features each month.

7. outlaw

outlaw Member

yeah the comparing two players feature was my favorite section. I think they did Dream vs Admiral once but I don't recall who they picked was the better player.

8. dean

dean Member

yeah, i think that was the one with robinson on the cover.

my issues are buried somewhere, probably in boxes in my garage. but i remember steve smith vs. ricky pierce and mookie blaylock vs. kenny anderson.