1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

SLAM magazine story on eddie

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheTruth, Apr 3, 2002.

1. TheTruth

TheTruth Contributing Member

2. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Me too. So excited when I got it in the mail. Too bad the Nets' ugly mugs grace the cover. :mad:

3. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

His brother, Marvin, was a friend of mine while we both attended UHA. He was one of the original players when the program when Division I.

4. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Well, I could see how his brother's death would change him attitude-wise.

5. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

Excellent article.. a good read. I can't wait to go buy that issue.

6. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the article Truth! It was a good read! Keep up the good job at posting articles for the BBS!

Man, he must have had a really really nice older brother... ;)

7. TroyBaros

TroyBaros "Special" Friend of Steve Francis

"I had gone to a Sixers game that year and saw the big NBA bodies up close," Griffin says. "I was about 207 pounds at the time and I just knew I wasn't ready."

Takes a true player at heart to admit that and continue to further his efforts before jumping to the pros.

A friend of mine is a manager at a local toy store and one day Eddie popped in to buy some Xbox games and the system.
    I was buying some Mcfarlane Figs that day I got up to the counter and was about to pay and he begin asking me what i thought was a good game to purchase. I knew it was him but unlike any other time I see Nba players all the time at fast food places or resteraunts or just driving down the street they are just normal people.
    Anyhow I recommended a good game for him and just started talking about the Rockets goals for next season and that everyone supported them even though they were in a slump.

People Griffin has the heart of a lion he was very laid back and said he loved the city and the fans and said he was looking forward to a long career here with Steve and the rest of the gang.
    I told him take care and wished him luck and said bye.
    Guys all class whatever happend at Seton was just simple ordinary mistakes we make as human beings.

8. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

SLAM has been an underrated magazine for years. They have outstanding writers and their pictures are excellent. The Griffin article was just one of hundreds great articles that they have done. It's about time a Rocket has received some attention. Griffin is a cornerstone of this franchise and the Rockets will become a powerhouse to reckon with sooner than later.

9. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I can't wait to see Cuttino's reaction once he hears Odom is coming to town. ;)

10. Millgriff

Millgriff Member

Hey I also knew Marvin, were you at his funeral and do you know his wife? He was a great man.