1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sky Pilot has a point now

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by sir scarvajal, Jun 30, 2000.

1. sir scarvajal

sir scarvajal Member

Ya know, if we could keep front offices, and trade players, I would be real, real tempted to switch with the Gizzards roster about now. Of course the Warriors had Webber, Spree, Mullin, and either still Mitch or Hardway if I remember, and fell apart. So I am not saying the Gizzards will be good, but they have a darn good collection of individual talent. Of course it will never happen, and I would hate to not see Francis and Mobes in Rockets uni's, but I thought I would lay this out there. Maybe we need to pull a sandbag job like the Gizzards did this year to get Swift.

I will say one final hunch, Vancouver will finish ahead of the Nugs, and might finish above us and Dallas. Watch.

------------------
    "The Rockets were ahead of the Suns by 20 late in game 2 of the series, but when the going got tough, we just Pippened . We would not be done in the series though."

2. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Vancouver will never win a ring. Abdur-Rahim will never be the best player in the league. That will seal their fate. Sorry. Good think we got Francis.

------------------
    Tell me I sold out, go ahead

3. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

sir scarvajal,

Are you a Bandwagon Hopper?
    [​IMG]

The Griz have a collection of high lottery picks. MD came to the Griz through the trade of a high lottery pick (Francis).

Bibby
    MD (through Francis deal)
    SAR
    S Swift

Have the Griz been sandbagging all of these years to acquire all of this talent or just been so incompetent that the talent fell into their laps because of poor performance season after season?

Mango

------------------

Eat more spinach!
    Live long and prosper!
    Donate blood!

Smeg will be assimilated.

Now...back to updating
    The Serious Police Files.

[This message has been edited by Mango (edited June 30, 2000).]

4. sir scarvajal

sir scarvajal Member

No, no badwagon hoppin, I am justing pointing out I think they will be good and that SP point a while back became a lot stronger in my opinion. I will root for the Rockets even if we suck.

------------------
    "The Rockets were ahead of the Suns by 20 late in game 2 of the series, but when the going got tough, we just Pippened . We would not be done in the series though."

5. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

The Grizz will not jump above the Rocks.

------------------
    I AM SPARTACUS

6. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Yeah but the Clippers will

------------------
    Stuff BBS, the Rockets and you guys

It's all Clippers these days, come join the bandwagon and visit

http://www.ClippersCity.net

7. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Nah, the Clips won't jump over the Rocks either. With their new lineup they will improve but won't overcome the Rockets Backcourt 2000. [​IMG]

------------------
    I AM SPARTACUS