1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Simple Question: Do you want the playoffs or not?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 6, 2016.

?

Do you want the Rockets to make the playoffs?

1. YES, forget the first round pick

172 vote(s)
    31.7%
  2. NO, I prefer the lottery pick

371 vote(s)
    68.3%
  1. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Please don't waste our time, watching them maybe win 1 game in the Toyota and lose in 5.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I want playoffs, but am now ok if not.

DD

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

One simply cannot fire two coaches in one season

Rocket River

4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, I'd rep this again if I could. This is exactly right, I mean it's sad but the truth. I don't recall the last time I was this disappointed. I mean going into the playoffs there was always a glimmer or even if we weren't going to advance at least the team tried, this season though... It's like if they win a game or 2 it's probably because the other team felt bad or.... Harden cloned himself (or... the coach woke up and used bette

5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Coach woke up* and used a rotation worth a **** (or found a way to get plays used).... I mean the future as a rocket fan is probably going to be more ****ty before it gets good (unless some great to impossible offseason happens), we might as well go back to re-watching that Clutch City special on repeat. FA's aren't exactly going to be jumping ship to join this dumpster fire, especially when the gm/interim coach are on a chair of ashes at this point. If only we could simulate the next few seasons...

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Sorry on my phone... that's acting ****ty... But hey, it's giving more effort than JBB and most of the Rockets, hahaha

1 person likes this.
  7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't want to see my Rockets humiliate themselves against the Warriors or the Spurs. I want the draft pick. At this point, I won't be mad at all if they gut the whole team, Harden included, and start over from scratch.

This team is an embarrassment and I'm ready for it to all be over. At least if we dodge the playoffs the Ty Lawson trade becomes less painful.

8. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Make the playoffs and see what happens. I'm sure Harden will be motivated enough facing the Warriors and if Dwight honestly cared about getting one last big contract I'm sure he'll find some juice left in the tank.

Just go out guns blazing as the 8th seed and see what happens.

9. cml750

cml750 Member

What is the point of making the playoffs just to get obliterated???? This season is already a waste. Get the lottery pick. Who knows, we may get lucky. Hire a real coach and let Dwight walk. Try to lure Durant here.

10. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Playoffs. Anything can happen and we need to see what these guy's do in the post-season.

Moving up two spots doesn't guarantee anything. If we want a player, we can simply trade up.

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I don't want a shiiit pick. Why do ppl care about picks? They almost never pan out 9.999 out of 10 times. Who cares.

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

That's why we make the playoffs. Anything can happen.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

JBB needs time to shine, so he can get that big contract extension.

DD

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Up until now I've always had the mindset that we should try to make the playoffs rather than tank since playoff experience is so valuable. But this year... they just totally threw away this season. I want at least half the team and coaching staff gone, so the experience of four games of getting slaughtered by GSW wouldn't really add anything. These guys made the WCF last season for ****'s sake.

The only silver lining if we make the playoffs is that we'll get embarrassed so badly that hopefully James will actually take this summer seriously and not **** off like he clearly did last summer. But since this team clearly doesn't give a **** either way I guess it doesn't matter.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Oh those lucky Rockets. Gonna sneak in as the 8 seed.

[​IMG]

16. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Believe, JR. Believe!

17. gotsis

gotsis Member

They will sneak in at 8th, and we will have to suffer for an extra 5-6 games, with them giving hope they will suprise the world. Only to lose due to turnovers and inexistent defense.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i blame these last 2 wins on that article about the whole team being evaluated after the season. les just had to get that 1st round 2 games at home revenue

1 person likes this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Get the 8 seed
    Win a game or two
    Bickerstaff gets an extension(errr has the interim tag removed)
    Morey & Les believes this is a good roster that just had a down year & faced historically great GS team.
    ;)

20. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I don't believe in this team, I have no faith in them. I want this team to get rebooted.