1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SI.com Chris Burke

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by candlegreen, Apr 18, 2006.

1. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

I'm not sure if this has been posted or how old this may be. I just got really bored at work and this is what I came up with.... I thought it was an interesting read. (It's a short article/interview)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/players/04/18/questions0424/

What was your welcome-to-the-big-leagues moment?

My first start, in San Diego [in 2004]. I looked up to throw the ball to first, and I was throwing to [Jeff] Bagwell. I was like, Man, here I am.

Your most embarrassing moment?

When I was a September call-up, the veterans made us wear Hooters outfits. We're walking through the [hotel] lobby, and people would walk by and try not to laugh -- like we were serious about what we were wearing. I was like, Please laugh! This is a joke!

One thing about being a ballplayer that the public does not realize

When we go out to the field and run past someone seeking an autograph, it's not being rude. We're trying to get ready for the game.

If I were commissioner for a day, I would ...

schedule more day games. It lets us have an evening with our wives, go to dinner with the family.

LAST WEEK

Burke, whose homer helped beat the Nationals on April 9, stole two bases in a win over Arizona on Sunday.

THIS WEEK

Over the weekend the Astros host the Pirates -- against whom Burke batted .294 with three RBIs last year.

2. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

^ I knew it!

[​IMG]

#2 Miguel, Apr 18, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2006
  3. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Pretty good! :D

4. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

when you click the link, at the top it has his pic and says 5 questions with Chris Burke.... i only count 4 :confused: