1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we boo Derek Fisher at his first game as a Rocket?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by geegee1337, Mar 15, 2012.

1. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Anyway, the real trade was for the pick. We have seen what Morey can do with draft picks in the 20-30 range and so to me that alone was worth Hill.

2. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

Boo him at the introductions, but cheer when he goes in the game the first time. Let him know we have a true love hate relationship now.

3. Dei

Dei Member

Yes. Somebody take a pic of Morey's reaction, too.

4. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

5. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

It was a smart move and gets rid of yet another underachieving 09'er and gets us something back of value (the Dallas pick).

Fisher is not the anti-Rocket that Charles Barkley, Antoine Carr, Charles Oakley and Kevin McHale once were.

He's a throw in on the deal and improves the point with Lowry out. The guy has never been a freakish athlete and plays smart. Expect his flop-tastic style to get us a few extra free throws a game.

He's managed to stay useful at his age and has been the blue-collar guy on teams full of primadonas. He also has a good rep as a good locker room guy.

At the very worst, he'll make the kids work their butts off in practice.

I understand his history of dirty play, but booing him would be in poor taste.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

He ain't not Rocket, He's forever a Faker j*zz

7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Fisher will never be a Rocket. Scottie Pippen was a pretender. He deserved to be booed. Fisher does as well.

8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

No, it's not like that at all. We do know plenty about Derek Fisher. We know that he's old, slow, can't guard any of the opposing point guards anymore, and is a dirty player, who took a cheap shot against a real Rocket.

We know all of those things about him, which we wouldn't about a new rookie.

We know what Fisher can do on the court, and it's next to nothing.

9. lr22

lr22 Member

We shouldn't, but I want to.

10. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

David Stern officially hates us more by acquiring the president of the players union.

On a more serious note.. I really hope Fisher won't get bought out and instead impart some leadership abd meantor some of our players especially our guards. Both Fisher and Camby are two veterans that are perfect additions to a young and talented team like the Rockets.

As i have posted in the other thread, if it all pans out and still have Fisher come playoffs, i definitely think we would make some noise and won't ve suprised if we upset okc or sas in the first round.

11. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Ridiculous

As much as I loathe DFish as a player, he's really quite a decent person who has been through a lot in his life and deserves respect.

12. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

i would boo him at the game, and i will prob boo him from the tv when i see him in the ROX uniform.

13. Disciple of RP

I don't root for or cheer against players based on what they've been through in life.

I am interested to see how dirty he plays against his old team, though...or how much effort we see in general against them.

14. Baqui99

Baqui99 Member

I hope he tears an ACL and never plays again

15. emjohn

emjohn Member

Everyone gets a fair chance. You don't have to cheer, but there's no call to boo.

16. archinkent

archinkent Member

You are an idiot to wish that on someone. :rolleyes:

17. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

when Lowry comes back fisher Is gone so I'd like to see how he does the first game and if he did bad then I'd boo him

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

What he's shown about his character on the floor doesn't point to him being a decent person in life. I guess taking care of his daughter and being the player rep are good things, but that doesn't change someone who feels the need to live up to hype, and gets pressured into taking cheap shots to show they aren't soft.

That shows a basic lack of good character.

19. WinkFan

WinkFan Member

20. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I have much respect for Fisher as a human being. I have zero respect for him as a basketball player. I will cringe when he checks into the game.