1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[should I?]trans-siberian orchestra

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by The_Yoyo, Nov 24, 2009.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

trying to debate here about going to the TSO concert next week in anaheim, the tickets are not too outrageous (but the service charge is), but I havent seen them perform before I do enjoy listening to their music...its usually when I have playing around the holiday season.

Has anyone here been to one of their shows before? It is worth going to? I've had a hard time trying to convince friends to go to show since well they see the word "orchestra" and say no.

I may ask this girl I like to go with me but if I am going to drop ~70 bucks+ on two tickets I just want to make sure I'll be taking her to a show worth being at for someone who hasnt really listened to their music (talking about her of course)

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I haven't been, but I heard they put on a great live show.

I would check it out if somebody invited me.

3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Member
    Supporting Member

I would love to go see these guys someday, but the ticket prices are always more than I am willing to pay around Christmas time with all the other expenses.

4. BaMcMing

BaMcMing Member

I went 2 years ago to their show here. If you dig good music and tend to get in the holiday spirit, then this show is for you.

Incredible voices, piano, incendiary electric guitar... it's worth it.

5. Oski2005

Oski2005 Member

If all you care about is the 2 songs they play on the radio during Christmas, it's probably not that important to go.

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I have not seen them, but I bought my parents 2 tickets last year for Christmas and they absolutely loved it. I would recommend going.

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

nah I have most if not all their music but never gone to a concert of theirs.

just worried that if i do take her she probably wont like it, she has strange music tastes.

i may just go anyway though from the positive comments and just take someone else

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I got my parents 2 tickets, but my mom was the only one that wanted to go. My dad was not interested at all, but he ended up really enjoying it. He said it was more than just and orchestra.

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

Cool thanks for all the feedback

will pick up some tickets tmrw

10. Dubious

Dubious Member

You almost never regret going out to see live music. It's really one of the most thrilling things you can do. The bigger the sound system the better.

And, your band never loses the damn game.

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

Have always been curious about this, you'll need to post your thoughts after you go.

12. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

QFT and humor.

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

TSO is an awesome show. Unless you're a complete snob to that type of music, you should definitely go. I grab my tickets from the fan club presale and nab second row seats. Its pretty sweet seeing them jam 20 feet away from you.

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

so I went last night and its was awesome

they pretty much played the entire Christmas Eve and Other stories album from start to finish with the except of 1-2 songs

then they played some of the Beethoven's album stuff and rounded it out with new album things.

to top it off Joe Walsh of the Eagles came out and played the last song with them

but the entire experience was great the lights and lasers were awesome to see and added so much to the music and they way they synced them was incredible.

For the Christmas songs they had a guy Narrate a story in between songs to tie them all together I mean the whole thing was done VERY well.

One of the best concerts I've ever gone too.

Not sure if they will hit Houston or if they have already but highly recommended to check out

15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

There are two very different views of the show. One is at a distance, where you can see the full effect of the light show and then there is up close and personal. Both area awesome but I prefer having them playing just a few feet away. My g/f grabbed a few photos with her camera phone.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

we were in the upper part and saw the entire light show which was awesome maybe next time we'll sit closer to get the different view

the only issue with sitting at a higher further level was at time the lights would be right in your face at times

there was one song where a yellow light was cast into the area we were sitting like right in our face for like 20 seconds

17. Voice of Reason

A friend of mine went last year and is going again this year. He raves about it. Watching the Youtube clip it looks pretty cool.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sR3CKEC3lbs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sR3CKEC3lbs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>