1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Should I take this trade?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by NIKEstrad, Feb 11, 2001.

1. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Heading into the all-star break I'm in a tie for 1st in my sandbox head-to-head league. I had a good team from the draft (got Kobe-Iverson-Pierce-Jamison in rounds 1-4), but was able to pick up Larry Hughes and Chris Webber in waiver wire (still wondering how no one else spotted that, the last place team released him.)

C-Ewing
    PF-Webber/Jamison/J. O'Neal/MoTay
    SF-Pierce/Howard
    SG-Kobe/Iverson/Hughes
    PG-A. Miller/Mark Jackson

We start 8 guys, 1 from each position and 3 flex. My flex guys are Jamison, Iverson, and Hughes.

I was offered Kevin Garnett, Rasheed Wallace, and Lamar Odom for Chris Webber, Jermaine O'Neal and Paul Pierce. My new lineup would be Ewing-Garnett-Odom-Kobe-Miller, with Wallace, Iverson, Jamison off the bench. I'm hesitant to make a big deal because Webber has been huge (leading PF), and while Garnett is no slouch, Webber right now is beating him in nearly all categories and plays 4 more games in the 2nd half. Pierce is rated a few ranks higher than Odom and is starting to come into his own.

O'Neal and Wallace obviously goes to Wallace, as O'Neal hasn't even played a game for me. If O'Neal qualified as a center, it'd be a different story.

Is Webber-Pierce-Hughes playing better than Garnett-Odom-Wallace playing?

------------------
    The Serious Police are watching.
    Follow the rules or be assimilated.
    Shandon is underrated.

2. RENDIGGLER3:20

I think its a fair deal on both sides with you getting the slight edge!

If it was me it would be really hard to give up CWebb though,but if your getting Wallace and garnett in return thats not all that bad.

I dont know Pauls FP average but it would seem you would get a bit better at your starting SF spot also,and losing Hughes really doesent hurt you at all!

The deal looks pretty good but I would probably go after a center to go with Ewing.

------------------
    President of the why in the Hell isnt Langhi playing club!!!

3. The Voice of Reason

It is worth it for you just so you dont have to play Ewing at center

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    www.hanta-force.com