1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shawn "Two Sandwiches" Kemp

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bobby, Oct 20, 2000.

1. Bobby

Bobby Member

Holy Cow! I thought for a moment that Thomas Hamilton had signed with the Blazers. But it was Kemp doing a great imitation of Two Sandwiches! Man, is he big or what? Kemp gives a whole new meaning to wide body. Would hate to run into him on a pick!

------------------
    "Who Wants To Be A Rocket?" - and probably a millionaire as well. The off-season will be interesting!

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He did look big and near unrecognizable.

Portland is a very odd looking team

Rocket River

------------------

3. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

ONLY 2?

------------------
    Francis out top, 9 seconds on the clock, he gives a no look pass to Cuttino Mobley, 4 seconds left, Mobley passes to an open Langhi in the corner with 1 second left! Langhi at the buzzer.......YES!!! How Sweet It Is!!

4. Oatdog

Oatdog Member

He looked horrible! Who would have expected the two principals from the huge Kemp-Baker trade would have regressed so much in a couple of years? Baker actually looked pretty good the other night, like he was making a comeback. Kemp looked worse than Olajuwan - way, way worse. The Blazers, in general, don't look that great. They have no shot at winning the West - you heard it here first!! Watch out for the Spurs, Rockets, or Sonics!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Oatdog (edited October 21, 2000).]

5. Timing

Timing Member

Kemp only looked about a half sandwich from 400 pounds to me. What the heck happened to that guy!? He used to be so incredibly athletic.

------------------
    "Somebody DO something out there." -Bill Walton

6. Rocketman

Rocketman Member

Kemp is going to be doing those car commercials..

You know.... "Wider is better"
    hehehe

--Rocketman

------------------

7. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

The sad thing is that he's something like 20lbs under what he was playing with at Cleveland. Kinda makes me glad I didn't see any Cleveland games last year.

You know, after watching him in the finals a few years ago, I thought he was gonna be one of the best players in the NBA. I even got his rookie card. He sure let himself go in a hurry.

------------------
    Who would've thought Don Nelson would pass up Olumide Oyedeji not once, not twice, but thrice?

8. rock

rock Member

That three pointer Kemp airballed badly... well, let's just say the Blazers didn't improve by getting Kemp. Kemp is slow and can only get easy layups now.

------------------

9. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Kemp is another obstacle the FailBlazers can throw at Shaq and the Faker$. I believe Portland's goal was to throw Sabonis, Kemp, Davis, & 'Sheed at Shaq to wear him down.

Paul Allen doesn't care about the cap - I wonder why the original 2 Sandwiches is NOT on Portland's IR!!

------------------
    GATER

[This message has been edited by GATER (edited October 22, 2000).]

10. Oatdog

Oatdog Member

Can Kemp do any better against Shaq than Brian Grant? or even Oliver Miller? Man, are the Blazers screwing themselves paying Kemp and Pippen! Why don't they just trade Bonzi Wells for Juwan Howard while they're at it? That Davis trade was stupid too. We've already seen he can't do anything against Shaq.

------------------