1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shane the 4 and Snyder the 3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BackNthDay, Mar 5, 2007.

1. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Say it with me, it's time to try Shane at the 4 and Snyder at the 3. I doubt our rebounding will suffer due to immobile Juwan and foul a minute Hayes.

If Shane starts getting abused by taller 4's then we can go to Juwan or Hayes. However, Shane's 3 point ability will create openings for Yao, Tmac, and Snyder to drive to the hole.

This lineup will give us the energy that we lack in the 1st quarter.

2. JeopardE

JeopardE Member

Blah. We go back to our killer starting five: Alston, McGrady, Battier, Hayes, Yao.

That was the best starting five in the NBA until T-Mac went down to injury. Now that Yao is back, it's time to start dominating again.

3. eaglewu

eaglewu Member

It have been proved Shane at the 4 and Snyder at the 3 is not good in the early of these season. Should we go back to failure?

4. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Member

Honestly, I like the way we started the year.. well after the first game. There's a reason that Shane is playing the 3. It's so he can gaurd the wingman that is the biggest threat so that Tmac doesn't have to.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

Agreed. Shane sucks at the 4.

6. drich

drich Member

hey guys what happened to bonzi what is hurting on him

7. rockets > *

rockets > * Member

bruised foot or something of that nature.

8. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Why is Shane any different than Marion. Shane's b ball IQ is definitely higher and Snyder can play D on a strong 3 or 2.

Imagine Shane lofting 3's from the corner or wing. There is only one 4 who can stop him and that's Marion.

9. baylorbear09

baylorbear09 Member

I thought the way that we started was the best fit as far as the starting lineup. we don't really need a third scoring option with BOTH yao and t-mac in at the same time, gosh it sounds good to say that again. having hayes run the p&r with t-mac was quite effective, unless he blew the layup. juwan coming off the bench will add some much needed offense when t-mac or yao is resting. with a healthy bonzi our bench is deep and hopefully we will start to see how efficient they become and we no longer have to hold on for dear life when one of our stars is on the bench.

10. DJ

DJ Member

Isn't Battier taller than Chuck Hayes?

11. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Member

Yes by a couple inches. I think Batt is 6-8 and Chuck is 6-6

12. Sextuple Double

I thought this was dismissed from the first game of the season when the Jazz trashed us on the boards.

13. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

We only lost that game because nobody knew the Jazz would be any good and T-Mac played like crap.

14. JeopardE

JeopardE Member

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

didn't padgett start at the 4 with novak as his primary backup?

16. high5

high5 Member

No, we lost b/c some guy named Boozer ate us alive on the boards.

BTW I wouldn't call 20-something pts & 9 ast performance 'crap'.

No, Battier started at 4 with Padgett backing him up.

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

Novak was the first sub off the bench. he played 6-7 minutes, did nothing, then Padgett came in and got the rest of the PT until Battier was back.

18. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Member

Against Phx and Dallas or SA going small I do want Battier as the 4. But not as the regular line-up.

There are not too many PF/C combos like Boozer/Okur, not surprising Shane had problems. Marion or Odom and other tweener forwards would have loads of problems with Boozer too.

19. JaWindex

JaWindex Member

Shane will never be a 4, he simply doesn't have the size. I picked Juwan, because Hayes usually fouls out after 10-15 minutes.

20. blathersby

blathersby Member

Juwan gives us offense. Juwan is a veteran. Juwan won't foul out of every game. Let's keep Hayes as an off-the-bench player.