1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hot Deal Sennheiser HD428 Stereo Headphones $29.99 + Free Shipping at Newegg

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by GageD, Apr 21, 2013.

1. GageD

GageD Member

3 people like this.
  2. Warning-Sign

Warning-Sign Member

3. jtagtp

jtagtp Member

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

looks like average midrange headphones. If you are used to listening on apple earbuds you'll notice the difference, but these aren't audiophile quality.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

1 person likes this.
  6. srrm

srrm Member

Mine arrived today - I'm quite happy with it!

I sit close to an oven's exhaust so this I was looking for very good noise isolation and this headset delivers - I can barely hear the outside world. An added bonus is that I like listening to the bass in various music styles and this set seems to amplify the bass and makes it a lot easier to listen to/follow/track.

Thanks for the heads up! The reason these are cheaper is that a newer version of these headphones has been released but I don't see much updates to it, so this is well worth it in my opinion. You'll also get an adapter from 3.5mm to 1/4inch

7. likestohypeguy

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

I think the mdrs are fine enough. People really like jvcs on for that price on head-fi though.

The lesson I've learned from blowing away hundreds of bucks on different cans is that people like different things and their opinions color based on preferences. So a blanket thumbs up or down won't really mean much of an opinion. It could help by giving what kind of music you'd like or even your favorite song.

9. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

10. jtagtp

jtagtp Member

Got my pair for newegg. Sounds good, fits great, a lot of bass but I'm good with that. Only complaint is if jamming out people close can hear your music.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I've never used the Sonys so I don't know. When I look for headphones I always check out Head-Fi. Those people really know their stuff.
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/369863/jvc-harx700-a-poor-mans-ath-a900

As far as I am concerned, no headphones in the $50 under range beat the JVC, and you'd be hard pressed to find headphones that MSRP under $100 that is noticeably better.

Harrisment, no problem dude, I think you will be very happy with them. Remember to let them burn in (as with all headphones) so the more you listen to it the better they will sound at the start.

12. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Got my HA-RX700's in yesterday. First off, I read the reviews about how big they were, but still wasn't prepared. These things are HUGE. Like so big you'd probably get some strange looks if you wore them in public. I think they look pretty cool though.

I'm still burning them in, but so far they sound excellent. Been enjoying them with some Boards of Canada flac's. Thanks again for the recommendation!