1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Season 3: Todd Margaret

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by FranchiseBlade, Jan 14, 2016.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure what this series would be like if you hadn't seen the previous two seasons.

But having seen the previous two seasons, it's one of the most brilliant and well written series ever.

It makes countless references to the previous seasons, but doesn't hit anyone over the head with them. It just drops them in and will also build on them a bit.

Even while doing this it never goes back and explains the references or points a shiny "Look at me. I'm a clever reference being stuck here. See how clever I am, and what a great writer I must be to stick this reference in the script" signs at them.

It just lets the references happen, and trusts that the audience will get it. It let's the audience think for themselves which network television never does, and most cable shows don't do either. It trusts us to pay attention, and be able to make the connections.

In fact it's so understated that I'm afraid the show puts too much trust in me as an audience member, and I've surely missed some of the references.

It's very funny and very refreshing television.

http://www.ifc.com/shows/todd-margaret

1 person likes this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I tried the 1st three episodes of the first season . .. . very slow to me

Rocket River

3. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

yes! this was one of my favorite shows ever
    edit: didnt know it had aleady started. awesome

4. Buck Turgidson

I need to re-watch the first episodes. David Cross is a treasure, I'd listen to him read a chinese restaurant takeout menu.

5. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Thought the first 2 seasons were great, have been looking forward to the new season since it was announced