1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Satire Project

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheBigMoe, May 8, 2004.

1. TheBigMoe

TheBigMoe Member

I need to come up with a good satire project to make a video on. Anybody ever watch that commercial where a guy and a girl are talking about sex. The girl says something like, "thats what I like about you. You never worry about getting tested or any of that stuff. If I give you an STD, I won't have to worry about it." And the guy says, "Yea, and if I give you an STD, I won't have to worry about it." That commercial is satirizing ignorant couples having unprotected sex. That was a genious idea, but I don't want to copy. Can somebody give me any ideas on what I could satirize. Appreciate it.

2. Stack24

Stack24 Member

Along the same lines if you want to do something. You can do something like

The guy introduces a girl to another girl and says hey this is Jill, and Jill goes hey what's up. We had sex together last week to the other girl, she is confused etc etc,

basically the whole safe sex thing when they say when you have sex with one partner you are essentially having sex with all the partners they had...regarding STD's

Just a thought.

3. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Member

hey! that's pretty good.

4. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Member

There's always black metal.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Yes, they ARE serious. Somehow.

5. Two Sandwiches

I have a term paper due on the 28th that is gonna be about how Jonathan Swift uses satire in Gulliver's Travels to show the faults of European society and government.

I don't look forward to the 28th. That's all I have to say.

6. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Member

hmm...

i vaguely remember doing one of those too!

are you by chance a senior in high school?

7. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

I wrote a satire several years ago about rampant teenage pregnancy. My idea, to make laws banning sex under 21 and if a person under 21 had a child the child would be ground up and sold to zoos and pet stores as animal feed.

8. Major Malcontent

not bad Lil Pun...a little "A Modest Proposal"ish..but good.

9. DrewP

DrewP Member

Poverty would be eliminated. We would all be sitting around on full stomachs.

10. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Well I had an idea that I think Chapelle would do marvelous at:

Why do genital herpes commercials only have white women? Take Valtrex commercials for example. I especially love how the music is 'It's a brand new day'. No, no it's not; how in the ****ing world is it a brand new day when you rode a dirty Polish sausage?!?!?

Or take it from Eddie Murphy (I knew watching Comedy Central late at night would be entertaining):

Girlfriend: 'What have you done for me lately?!?!'
    or
    Girlfriend: 'Give me half!'

Good luck with that though.

And EWS is a junior I believe. ^^^

#10 Mr. Mooch, May 9, 2004
    Last edited: May 9, 2004
  11. wakkoman

wakkoman Member

That's not a very hard topic at all, I think I wrote a paper on taht earlier in the year

Its basically all the people he visit represent countries like France, England etc.
    The way they act between themselves and the way they act towards Gulliver, who's the outisder, is the whole society issue. Look at the way the islands are run and that will explain the Government. You should start to see similarities if you know a bit of the history of that time period.

You can find a lotta great analysis online with Sparknotes and literary criticism. Good Luck man

12. Astro101

Astro101 Member

A couple of months ago I wrote a paper how the FCC was gonna go overboard. I said what they were doing was responsible so we should first bleep out all words on tv to be unoffensive...but people could read lips, so we blur mouths out. Somehow it ended with people watching tv by staring at a black screen with bleeps emitting from it.