1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sacramento Bee] Point Guard List

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by johnfitz55, Jan 31, 2005.

1. johnfitz55

johnfitz55 Member

Trade

http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/story/12187207p-13055658c.html

The rockets are at the center every time there is trade talk dealing with PGs. Jason Kidd, Nick Van Exel, Even Cassell coming back. I say with all the PT Earl Waston is getting we can work a deal to get Jason Williams. Hes a pass first PG who knows how to actually run an offense, and Van Gundy will most assuredly keep me under control with his boring offensive style. What do yal think.

2. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Pass first pg? Tell me your kidding?

3. johnfitz55

johnfitz55 Member

Last 3 years

8.0, 8.3, 6.8 APG. Watch him play and youll see he has court vision.

4. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Member

West is not letting anyone off without getting the better end of the deal, you can't win against him, especially in the same division.

5. lalala902102001

Memphis would never trade Williams to us, especially when the two teams are locked in a race for a playoffs seat.

6. baller4life315

The same Jerry West that balked at acquiring Baron Davis because the deal included freaking Shane Battier??:cool:

7. coma

coma Member

Feeling down n' dirty, feeling kinda mean
    I've been from one to another extreme
    This time I had a good time, ain't got time to wait
    I wanna stick around till I can't see straight
    Fill my eyes with that court vision, no disguise for that court vision
    Ooh, when it gets through to me, it's always new to me
    My court vision gets the best of me
    Never do more than I really need
    My mind is racing, but my body's in the lead
    Tonight's the night, I'm gonna push it to the limit
    I live all of my years in a single minute
    Fill my eyes with that court vision, no disguise for that court vision
    Ooh, when it gets through to me, it's always new to me
    My court vision always seems to get the best of me - the best of me, yeah
    Ooh, court vision, I need my court vision
    It takes me out of my head, takin' me out of my head
    I get my court vision, oh, seeing court court
    Oh, I have court vision, yeah, I'm getting court vision...

8. New Jack

New Jack Member

Jason Williams is best suited in a fast tempo team like Memphis or Sacramento.

In a slow half court offense, the only thing he knows how to do is launch 3-pointers from 25 feet.

He's a good fit for Mcgrady, but if you expect him the be the pure point guard that's going to turn Yao into a superstar, he's not going to do that.

9. pasox2

pasox2 Member
    Supporting Member

How? Jdub has a max or near-max deal.

They don't want Mo Taylor.

Show me how creative you are. Explain how you get an under-the-cap team to broker a deal where Mempis gets a trade exception, or something neat like that. I challenge you.

10. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Member

He did get the better end of the deal on that one. How long has Davis been injured? If he continues to be injured like that, then he's not going to be worth it. He's got the hornets curse and he's gonna follow mashburn to retirement.

Davis is a better player than Shane though, but at the moment Memphis needs consistency to succeed.

Davis will probably come back healthy next year though but I doubt it. Probably be nagged for the rest of his career.

11. baller4life315

I'll give you the point on how Davis has been injured a lot. He hasn't played a full season since 01-02. I can also see West's fear in trading for a max contract, perhaps.

That deal isn't a no brainer by any means but if Davis is healthy, it's a deal you have to make. Davis is twice the player White Chocolate is and it cracks me up because supposedly the reason West balked was he didn't want to trade Battier.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

Looking to get out of Memphis, Jason? :)

People have an unrealistic respect for Jerry West's skills. Hes a good GM, but to say there is no winning against him is a bit over the top.

13. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Member

Cardinal's agent won against him.

14. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Member

No Doubt. Jerry West isn't god

15. gucci888

gucci888 Member

I don't see Memphis dealing Jayson Williams to us:

1. We are in the same conference and battling for the last couple spots in the playoff race.

2. West knows we are missing a good PG and knowing that by giving us one would really help us out.

3. We don't have anything Memphis wants. Howard? Taylor? Spoon? Sura? Bowen? Once again, what benefit would Memphis get from dealing with us.

16. The Ming Dynasty

Any thoughts on Big Dog?

I know he doesn't solve our problems at the one or four, but another scoring threat could spread the floor and if Philly is trying to dump him - maybe he could come cheap?

17. Willis25

Willis25 Member

again, if they take the Mo T/Spoon contracts - you take him (if only because he comes off the books in the summer)

18. jopatmc

jopatmc Member

Philly has zero incentive to turn loose of Robinson unless they can dump Thomas' contract with him for picks and trash or get a major piece for him. Who is gonna give them anything for an expiring contract? Toronto with Rose is about it. Is that gonna help Philly? No. Somebody is gonna have to take another bad contract along with Robinson if he is moved.

19. Yaowaming

Yaowaming Contributing Member

[sacbee]Point Guards

http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/story/12187207p-13055658c.html

Joe D's Countdown
    By Joe Davidson -- Bee Staff Writer
    Published 2:15 am PST Sunday, January 30, 2005

The trade winds are whipping up with the Feb. 24 deadline looming. Names are being tossed about, but it could, as always, be more speculation than fact. Playoff-bound teams covet a scoring punch, and the Countdown takes a look at the guards with a decided Texas undertone.

1. Nick Van Exel. The Portland gunner still has game, still buckles teams, never mind the sore knees. He'll help a playoff team immeasurably, and he's in the last year of his contract for $11.8 million with a club option for $12.7 million next season. A great boost for Houston?

2. Latrell Sprewell. He had one of his best campaigns last season with Minnesota, then whined about his contract in the fall (he'll never live down his assessment of having "a family to feed") and hasn't played up to expectations. He can score, and he can defend, and his contract will come off the books, including the $14.6 million this season. Does a team such as Washington, Miami or Dallas take a peek?

3. Jason Kidd. New Jersey is headed nowhere, and Kidd costs a ton with five contract years remaining at $90 million. He said last week he still isn't 100 percent healed from his knee surgery. Dallas, Minnesota or Houston, anyone?

4. Gary Payton. The Boston floor leader is in the last year of his contract, being paid $5.4 million this season. Rumors in Boston say he could come to the Kings, but it's unlikely he would be willing to sit behind Mike Bibby. Houston, we have a guard, maybe?

5. Sam Cassell. Much like his buddy Spree, Cassell hasn't been nearly as good this season for Minnesota, hurt and offended he doesn't have a better contract and a younger body. Again, Houston could use a scoring guard.

-

20. Willis25

Willis25 Member

we have our PG for the future

[​IMG]

I give you our very own Mr. 2 for 21...