1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Rudy Gay has been playing well

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by sun12, Feb 14, 2007.

Tags:
  1. sun12

sun12 Member

Gay has started past 3 games with the scores as 19, 14, 18. Right now, he has scored 29 points in his 4th start, still counting.

2. Panda

Panda Member

Once Gay gets more mature as a person and a player, he will play better and better.

3. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

This is such a waste. We were never picking Gay. He would have never been a rocket. Once Roy was gone the battier trade was done.

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

all of this rudy gay talk should stop. CD made it clear that the rockets had no intention of drafting gay. if they couldn't find a trade for the pick, they wouldn've taken sefolosha.

we can compare roy, foye, sefolosha, and battier. those were our only options on draft night.

5. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

please move this out of this forum

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

who cares if they were never picking gay. that doesn't excuse them if it turns out he is a really good player. I don't get why you think that should end the discussion.

7. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

Ya and he plays on such a dominant team with tons of options and he is better than all of them.

Don't they have the second worst record in the league?

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

you're right, gasol and miller suck.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Eventually he is going to be a terrific player. This trade might be like the Larry Anderson for bagwell trade. As long as we make the finals like the red sox's will be fine.

10. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Most posters want to end the discussion because no one wants to admit the Rockets are going to look worse and worse for making that trade. Yes, I like Shane Battier as a player. It's hard not to do so. However, the truth remains that Rudy Gay is the future Rashard Lewis ... we coulda, shoulda, woulda.

I compare the stats frequently, and I know I'd rather have Rudy's points, steals, blocks, rebounds and future than the "glue" we are stuck with. Moneyball is an inhaler's dream ... a euphemism for how moneyball sucks.

11. GreatRox

GreatRox Member

SO DOES shane battier

12. stevesazninvazn

Congrats Rudy, too bad the Grizzlies still suck.

13. Panda

Panda Member

Did CD explicitly say that they would've never taken Gay? If they couldn't find a trade for the pick, and Sefolosha was gone before the 8th spot, do you know what would they do?

14. Rollazn

Rollazn Member

Without Shane Battier - I doubt our record would be what it is today. At this point - Shane Battier is still more valuable than Rudy Gay. I would much rather have Shane Battier in the final than Rudy Gay.

However Rudy Gay still isn't anywhere near his peak. He might turn out to be a superstar. Who knows. However if we win the championship... all this will go away.

15. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Let's see we're sitting at 33-18 now, and people are still complaining about Rudy Gay? What the hell? I'm willing to eat crow on that Battier complaining and ya'll should too. Shane's been a huge part of Houston's run this year. Without him we lose at least 4-5 more games than we have already. Hell, maybe more.

16. SuperYanthrax

SuperYanthrax Member

The Grizzlies will compete for the #1 pick, even though they now have Gasol back, so their team is essentially the same as last year, minus Shane, plus Gay and Swift. For years they were a playoff team. Coincidence? I think not.

If the Rockets go deep into the playoffs, which will certainly require Battier's contributions, will you change your opinion?

Maybe Battier is a significant part of the reason why the Rockets have not crumbled without Yao, like they did last year (6-15) but instead this year have almost reversed that record (17-7). McGrady was playing pretty darn well during that stretch last year too.

17. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

We would be 18 - 33 instead of 33 - 18 if we had Gay and Swift instead of Battier.

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

The Gay Issue will always persist. Hindsight is 20/20

19. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It could be worse... they could have traded Vince Young for Battier. If that were the case we’d have new threads started about it every day for at least another 10 years.

20. jason_long

jason_long Member

yeah, yeah, yeah ... but Shane has been really great with Rockets. Without him, I doubt we could be at where we are now. Oh, Swift is just as disappointing as usual. Now, I actually like that trade because we got rid of Swift's contract. Gay is playing in the worst team in this league. I doubt he could put up these numbers if he were with Rockets.