1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Roster Moves

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by writesmart, May 5, 2001.

1. writesmart

writesmart Member

Why not deal Shandon Anderson (sign and trade) to Atlanta (his home) and our #22 for their pick, assuming they don't hit the #1, #2 or #3 lotto? This way they get a veteran "Jason Richardson" and a first rounder. We use their pick for Diop and get Joe Johnson with our #13. If we really got creative we could then trade Cato and Walt Williams and our #18 to Sacramento, New Jersey, Cleveland, Detroit or Boston to get a Griffin, Battier, Bradley or Woods/Haywood (the latter to get us through the Diop growing period). Sign the Dream, Taylor and Norris! Sorry, I posted this elsewhere before I could submit it as a new topic.

------------------
    Writesmart

2. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

I hardly think we'd have to throw in Shandon...why not just trade our #22 for their #6 straight up? Makes sense to me...oh, nevermind, hold on, let me post this as a separate topic...reply to me in that one. [​IMG]

------------------
    P.S. This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

3. writesmart

writesmart Member

I don't understand the sarcasm. Anderson is a very good player when put in the right scenario -- certainly better than Jason Richardson, a player that interests them greatly.

------------------
    Writesmart

4. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

i could have sworn ive seen this somewhere else before. [​IMG]

------------------
    the nuggets suck...i know, i know!

5. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

writesmart...you're right: Shandon IS a good player in the right situation...but not that good...all I'm saying is I doubt we could even package him and the 13th pick to move up and get Atlanta's pick. Richardson's ceiling is much higher than Anderson's--that's why Shandon was a second round pick and Richardson will go in the lottery.

------------------
    P.S. This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

6. Bob

Bob Member

Won't work. We can't sign and trade Shandon prior to the draft. The free agent signing period doesn't begin until August.

And to be more realistic take a look back at what we gave up to get Francis.

------------------

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

The signing period might be (if it wasn't already?) moved to July 15.

------------------

8. Digaida

Digaida Member

Besides that fact, I believe Atlanta has a shooting guard by the name of Jason Terry, didn't do that bad, played 38 minutes per game...almost 20ppg, doubt they really need a sg yet alone want SA...

------------------