1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ronel Blanco sticky stuff suspension?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Radricky, May 14, 2024.

1. Radricky

Radricky Member

2. Buck Turgidson

This is really the only thing to complain about here.

Also, I don't understand this part of his tweet:

So his suspension should be announced today out of technicality. He will appeal. The Astros will be down to 25 players for 10 games.

Uprising likes this.
  3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yeah apparently you can't replace them, so they just force a team to play shorthanded without one of their starters for 10 games.

All this talk about pitcher safety and they institute a rule that basically ensures some young arm is gonna get thrown into the meat grinder at some point because the team just needs innings.

I fear Dubin looks to be the top sacrifice candidate right now, hopefully Framber balls out for him.

Stephen66 likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

...but not until the appeal is adjudicated, and it may not be 10 games (it should be 5, because he did break the rules but wasn't using an illegal substance)

5. edwardc

edwardc Member

*uck the yankees and the league always allow them to get away with *hit but come down on the Astros.

Stephen66, Radricky and Uprising like this.
  6. scott_summers

scott_summers Member

I'm sorry but I have heard this " Dusty improved our image" too much. How? We were still hated in all platforms of media. Our players still got booed in every stadium. It is still brought up to this day. So how did he improve our image?

lnchan and conquistador#11 like this.
  7. scott_summers

scott_summers Member

No love for Jomboy here homie. Its always **** him forever.

Nook, desihooper and Radricky like this.
  8. Radricky

Radricky Member

9. Jose Cuervo

Jose Cuervo Member

Weak repsonse from Espada.

10. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

@#$@# The A's. They had Fier's cheat for them now they want to change this game by exploiting Blanco's pitching habit. The ump gaining too much power because if they let Blanco stay, it would look bad on them. Ump were judge and jury, they didn't even let Blanco reason. I really doubt he knows the rules and regulations of sticky stuff. If he doesn't know, how you doing pitching coach?!?!?!?!?!? When Blanco comes back, I hope continue his mastery and have the right to @#$@# the Ump!!!

scott_summers and Stephen66 like this.
  11. StroudAndYorDaddy

with how this season has started and with the astros recent history unfortunately i expect the biased sports media to claim the astros were desperate to start winning and turn around a losing season by trying to get any advantage they could find.

12. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Who the **** cares about what the idiot trolls on Twitter or the national sport media, also idiot trolls, say?

lnchan, scott_summers, Qan and 3 others like this.
  13. Surfguy

Surfguy Member

Maybe Blanco found another way to use Flex-Seal? ;)

14. Buck Turgidson

Yep, here's Pierzynski ripping the Astros a new one:

jim1961 and Astrodome like this.
  15. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

I didn't hear anything anti-Astros in that clip.

Am I deaf?

Or do I need to call the sarcasm meter repairman?

16. Slim

Slim Member

Sounds like Pierzynski is defending Blanco and calling the enforcement of the new rules (and power umps have) into question

#76 Slim, May 15, 2024
    Last edited: May 15, 2024
  17. Buck Turgidson

I haven't heard a single former player - or media member with an actual voice that matters - say anything negative about the Astros, it's all about the umps and MLB

18. Radricky

Radricky Member

Here he is applying rosin to his left arm

19. jjsmooth

jjsmooth Member

"Sweat like Ryan Braun at a drug test". Hilarious

Buck Turgidson and Radricky like this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

I know that everyone (yes everyone) that is around Espada thinks he is a really good guy, and that he works hard and is upbeat and is actually good at understanding advanced statistical information.

However - every single complaint I have heard about him from players to his fellow coaches is that he isn't the best at decisively communicating. Mark Teixera had a run in with Espada and it was over communication. A veteran pitcher on the Astros had an issue with Espada and it was again complaints of not understanding what Espada was going to do.

Maybe he will get better at it - but down the line it could come back to bite him. When you are the manager of a team, it isn't the same as being on the staff - Not everyone is going to like the manager all the time.