1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rondo quits

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Apr 21, 2015.

Tags:
  1. digitalbreach

digitalbreach Member

TNT just showed him walking out of locker room. teammates looking perplexed.

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i think he's played his last game as a mav.

ariza signing > parsons signing

brewer trade > rondo trade

DM >>> cuban

1 person likes this.
  3. stepbackJ

stepbackJ Member

Rondo might as well join the Rockets this series

4. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I'm confused by what caused this.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Lol RT <a href="https://twitter.com/dwatkinsNBC5">@dwatkinsNBC5</a>: Rajon Rondo, we'd like to ask you a few questions - heres his response... <a href="https://twitter.com/NBCDFW">@NBCDFW</a> <a href="http://t.co/J1IvuLa3Jy">pic.twitter.com/J1IvuLa3Jy</a></p>&mdash; RS (@Lakeshowbck2bck) <a href="https://twitter.com/Lakeshowbck2bck/status/590738659168649216">April 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. MD_in_Training

He would prob go off for 30/15/15 if he had a chance to play AGAINST Carlisle.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Someone should find one of those threads at the Mavs forum at how Josh Smith was going to be a cancer and ruin this team...

Seems apt now...

8. T_Man

T_Man Member

Completely agree with you...

He was intentionally trying to get a Tech...

T_Man

9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

but Josh Smith was the....wait but the Pistons won 7 in a row

10. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I missed the first half but saw some uhhh low lights and not getting the ball across half court in time is inexcusable and I think he was pulled right after that.

11. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

He played well in game 1. They are screwed

12. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Rondo just ran out of the locker room without talking to media.. Media after him, but he has his headphones on.

13. count_dough-ku

The Mavs are actually better without Rondo on the floor in this series. I kinda wish he'd saved this meltdown til they were on the brink of elimination.

14. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Rondo isn't a fit for Carlisle's system and there are just too many egos in that locker room. Problem with just grabbing "names" and expecting everything to work it out. Carlisles doing everything he can, but he doesn't have the locker room.

Be interesting to see what happens next year. Don't think Cuban blows it up because of Dirk, but they've got to figure it out or risk falling out of the playoffs next year.

15. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Member

I mean i was drinking but i dont understand how he was quitting? His 4th foul just seemed like he was playing extra physical? And tbh i dont remember the early fouls? Carlisle was upset but it could have been because of upset over getting the fouls aactually called. I would also understand rondo getting upset for sitting the entire 4th.

Im lost because i saw effort from rondo?

16. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I didn't want the Rockets to trade for him because he would have been a terrible fit here, and with his actions towards his coach I am so glad we didn't now.

17. Airdough

Airdough Member

I would say he's destroying his value but the Knicks are always good for a gross overpay.

18. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

8 second violation, followed by completely abandoning his man on the inbounds giving Terry a wide open three. He got pulled and quit. Pathetic.

19. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Showed no heart, get 8 second violation with no pressure, got subbed, stepped on the court in 3Q, gets personal foul, technical foul and shooting 3-pt foul in 34 seconds, got benched. In the 4q he simply stepped outside of their bench and sit courtside when he realized that he won't be used anymore

20. HRox832

HRox832 Member

Josh Smith was cancer in the 1st half.

In the 2nd half though... He was amazing!