1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Roger Waters: Dark Side of the Moon Tour

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by cwebbster, May 5, 2008.

1. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Went last night, and must say it was simply incredible! David Gilmour needs to quit acting like a little b**** and rejoin Roger!!

The Setlist went like this:

In the Flesh
    Mother
    Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun
    Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts II - V) (abridged)
    Have a Cigar
    Wish You Were Here
    Southampton Dock
    The Fletcher Memorial Home
    Perfect Sense (Parts I - II)
    Leaving Beirut
    Sheep

that was the first half, then he took a break and came back and played:

Speak to Me / Breathe
    On the Run
    Time / Breathe (Reprise)
    The Great Gig in the Sky
    Money
    Us and Them
    Any Colour You Like
    Brain Damage
    Eclipse

the entire dark side of the moon album from start to finish.

The encore consisted of:

The Happiest Days of Our Lives
    Another Brick in the Wall (Part II)
    Vera
    Bring the Boys Back Home
    Comfortably Numb

This man is a sheer Genius! Here is a few pictures from the show of the Pink Floyd Pig...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

So they found the pig. I read something last week where it had gotten away at a show and they couldn't find it.

I sincerely doubt we'll ever see Pink Floyd together ever again. After the show they did recently, they were offered $500,000,000 to tour the US. They promptly said "NO". These guys simply don't like each other and it's apparently too much to get together no matter what the reason.

3. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Simply ridiculous you know? The greatest minds in music ever IMO. Why can't they swallow their pride and give the world what they want??? Roger is the shiznit though!!!

They actually let the pig fly up in the air at the end of the concert.....I think due to it being his last show of the NA Tour

4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

who was at Rice Stadium April 1994?!

Here, Here!

5. WildSweet&Cool

I was at the Roger Waters show last night, too. Let me tell ya - they sounded BETTER than Pink Floyd (post Waters).

And - did you notice... they lost the pig AGAIN last night !!!

6. LittleWilly

LittleWilly Member

I was at the show as well - my friends and were wondering if they lost the pig on purpose.

7. WildSweet&Cool

I kinda thought that, too. After losing it previously in a different city, wouldn't they have made a stronger effort not to lose it again? Especially so soon? I (truly) hate to say it, but it reeks of a publicity stunt.

8. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Me too, but Roger wasn't there

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I saw it in Dallas on Friday night. It was pretty awesome. Unfortunately, I happened to be right under the confetti blower. That got old fast and that thing would not shut off for like 5 minutes or something. People were digging Obama confetti out of their beers and hair. Somebody gets to have fun cleaning it up. As far as the music, they sounded really good. Roger walked to both sides a lot during the show to acknowledge the audience...which I thought was considerate. I guess it makes it easier when your not singing all the songs.

I actually enjoyed the political aspect and message he was sending. I thought it was something different. It gave the show a controversial feel...not one I've really ever experienced at a concert before. I heard some boos and one lady near me went off...yelling "you f-ing idiots don't know what the ***** your talking about!". Funny thing is...I think they may have heard her as we were only 15 rows deep, it was in between songs, and a couple of bandmembers looked our way with what appeared to be facial reactions to the criticism, almost like they achieved want they wanted to. lol

I was just soaking it all in. The atmosphere and music was top notch. My only real beef is that prism wasn't all that great. It turned and shot 2 lasers. I also thought the smoke dispersal near the prism was poor and not jetting out enough to create a good cloud effect in the laser stream. I thought the prism could have done more than that. My original thinking when looking at it is it would light up and create laser walls of the pyramid. Would of been cool and seems achievable. Also, I thought there were not nearly enough lasers for the show...especially the 2nd set. In fact, the only lasers I'm aware of came out of the prism. However, they did put more emphasis on war-sounding pyrotechnics...which were really well done and, at times, felt like we were in a war zone. The large video screen was really cool as well.

I still prefer a Gilmour show...but this is obviously the next best thing.

10. WildSweet&Cool

Now, see, I'd disagree. I thought the Waters concert was much better than the Pink Floyd concert. There were a few times that I missed Gilmour's voice or guitar... but Waters' guitarist (Snowy White) has been an uncredited guitarist for Pink Floyd in the studio and on tour for 31 years.

And I prefer a concert that focuses more on musical performance and less on lasers and special effects. In fact, I thought that Waters' effects were just a little too much.

That's why I liked the Eagles concert. Almost no effects at all - and none were necessary.

11. WildSweet&Cool

Question: did any of you buy shirts?

12. MystikArkitect

I too went to the show last night...and was amazed at the amount of songs that he played. I went in thinking it was just DSotM...but he played all of my faves. Have a Cigar, Shine On You Crazy Diamond, and the song I never thought I'd get to witness live: Comfortably Numb. Show was amazing, and a VERY diverse crowd.

Now if only I can witness Stairway to Heaven live I can die a happy man.

13. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

Earlier...I was sitting at the Astrodome when I was in HS....

14. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Me. I am just drying off now.

15. WildSweet&Cool

I was in the dome, too. It was 1987, if I remember correctly. That was the first and only time I saw Pink Floyd in concert.

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

And, I hate the f-ing Eagles, man. My point? We don't have to agree.