1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Vs Jazz (Game 7 Highlights)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by batkins, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

The more i watch it the more it i cant believe we let that 88 83 lead get away! aww oh well everything happens for a reason :D

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

SERIOUS!

i mean i go back and it looks like i might have been the only one to give him a thanks of any sorts. yeah the game sucked, yeah i cried after it but if you dont want to see/hear about it again then dont download it.

the way i look at it is this: we win that game, we possibly could be in the WCF with the way the warriors play and the FO may believe that that team is nearly there and would not do the major talent upgrade as it did. JVG could still be around and that means most likely no bonzi, probably no SF3 and no leeway in developing younger players. And most likely Rafer getting major minutes again!

(as much as I loved jvg in getting the most out of his veterans he doesnt like to play rookies or give them any slack, head and hayes were given PT the year before because of the myriad of injuries on the team....not that vspan,novak or jl3 would have had a major impact but other successful coaches due at least give them some meaningful PT just so they arent deer in the headlights in case for the future. Phil Jackson is a master at this imo.)

oh yeah R2K were my highlights from game 7 two years ago!! :p
    (seriously do not put those up)

3. baller4life315

Reliving that night makes me nothing short of nauseous. Thanks. :mad:

4. streetx613

streetx613 Member

ahh! dont remind me...
    i still remember walking out of the toyota center with my head down that night and a silent car ride home
    it was still one hell of a game until the last couple of minutes

5. wreck

wreck Member

Nice vid batkins. Runs real smooth painful to watch but at times tmac would take over games. Funny to see that only a handful of rockets contributed to the scoring.

6. SmitingPurpleEm

I'd been looking for this highlight clip for a while. Thank you for making it.

Honestly, the loss was painful... but there are highlights to be shown, unlike the game 7 loss two years ago, where honestly I couldn't come up with anything positive for us at all.

7. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

I agree with your assessment about the PT that Head and Hayes were given due to the excessive amount of injuries in 2005-06. I do think that if V-Span wound up joining the team that season rather than last season, then he might have seen a lot more PT as well compared to what he got to see last season. :)

8. thewaterox

thewaterox Member

It's funny watching these clips because it's like I'm seeing them for the first time. The human brain can forget painful experiences to the point where it's like it never happened. In the end I think we are a better team for this loss. If we win this series we would still be very flawed and unable to go the distance. This team is vastly improved now and should be primed to go deep next season. Keep your fingers crossed and look on the bright side of life.

Go Rockets!

9. Rockets34Legend

I appreciate the upload, but to post the game that ended our playoff hopes last season when all of us thought we had a chance, that is what really bites.

And yes, I won't download/watch it. Reliving the experience in person was even worse. :mad:

#49 Rockets34Legend, Aug 8, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  10. batkins

batkins Member

True, but that didn't stop 23 people from downloading it. ;)

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You get no criticism from me. Thanks for the vid. If I have the guts to buy a new PC this week, I might become a video contributor next season.

12. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

just saw this

wanna mention that if any of yall want to contribute video stuff and want to use bittorrent, get in touch with me and Ill set you up with an uploader account on my tracker.

that way we can make it a one-stop place for Rockets videos.

13. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Member

Oh my god... I just remembered ALL of the interviews they did with Tracy about is this the biggest game of his career. What the hell are they going to ask him next year???

14. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Im not going to watch it (painful memories) :( but thanks for your effort, and your job, keep it up!

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Yep. Yep. Yep. I just ordered the new PC. Be patient with me. At some point during the upcoming regular season, I hope to be a contributor. If I end up changing jobs, it could be tough but let's see.

16. vunny1408

vunny1408 Member

I for one appreciate the time and effort. Cheers.

17. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Oh my, oh my, this really rips up the wound of April, it really does....

To see highlights of Tracy and Yao, to see Tracy just so....grooved into his mindset for the entire game and we still lost just breaks my heart......he gave his effort and came up short........where's the crying button?

18. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

You're like a babbling broken record. have to bash tracy in you're every 2nd post. get over it. :rolleyes: . it's not a competition between yao and tracy. there teammates.

19. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

ignore him. he's comparing playing defense v. boozer, who obliterated us, to comparing to ak47, who cried like a baby in the series and lost all confidence.

he's blaming tmac for a JVG's strategy :( . not surprising.

just like most of u, b/c tmac is the best player, i blame him more than anyone. but it's not like i go and bash yao too every opportunity i get. and start comparing the two.

we need both to win. i expect both to hopefully stay healthy next year and put together the best reg. season of the rockets history on their way to a great playoffs run.

tmac and yao WILL come to dominate at your local TV station next year.

20. icewill36

icewill36 Member

the turnover by rafer when we had the lead just killed it for us. its just like the turnover damon jones had for miami a couple years ago in game 7 of the ECF miami vs detroit. miami had the lead and jones turnover just completely swung the momentum and detroit came back and beat the heat on their home floor.

damn, when i think about what could have been, it pisses me off everytime :mad: