1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trying to get Anthony Randolph...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Dec 11, 2010.

1. leebigez

leebigez Member

Some or most get banned and come up with new names.

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

Good pickup, but only if he gets his head on right.

I know, we have a great group of people, that have great chemistry, but Randolph will take some time to adjust.

But, as the old (but revised) saying goes, In Morey We Trust.

3. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

I think the whole "In Morey we trust" movement is dead. While he's made a few steals, he has shown a inability to bring in game changing players. This whole low risk high reward point system is cute but wont win a championship

4. MourningWood

MourningWood Member

I tend to agree, but DM surrounded a "rehabilitated" Yao Ming with very capable pieces. This team was built around the big fella, and his injury has really thrown a wrench in to the equation. We're having to adjust on the fly, definitely not ideal. Expecting Morey to pull Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, etc. out of a hat is ludicrous.

He built a title contending team, but injuries have prevented the unit from reaching its full potential. The Yao chapter appears to be coming to a close, expect aggressive activity from this franchise in the near future.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Where are you getting your stats? AR has never averaged 8 rebounds a season:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/randoan01.html

Also those 10+ pts are obtained using a very ugly 44.6%, horrible fg% for a big man. In fact his FG% this year is C-bud like, 27.3%. LOL if my guy is hitting only 20% from the field no way is he getting plays made for him.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Somehow, i just feel that him being in a more veteran team environment would help him to better flourish.

7. houstonrockets0

Brooks isn't even better than Eric Bledsoe who is the Clippers backup point guard; let's not forget who is the starting point guard for the Clippers, Baron Davis. If you really think the Lakers would trade Derek Fisher for Aaron Brooks your absolutely crazy. The guy has 5 rings and has played a big part in all 5 of the Finals. Mike Conley is a better passer and has a higher basketball IQ than Brooks. Plus Conley has more upside because of the fact that he actually knows how to get an assist. Luke Ridnour is a push, but let's not forget who would be starting for the Timberwolves, Ricky Rubio. Beno Udrih is also a push, but Tyreke Evans brings the ball up the court a good majority of the time also. And, lastly Andre Miller is better than Aaron Brooks the dude can get you 10-20 pts, 8-12 assists, and 5 rebounds on any given night. He knows how to lead a team.

Now for the one that made me die laughing. Aaron Brooks and Kyle Lowry are better than Tony Parker and Stephon Curry? Hahaha Man, first you should stop being so biased towards Tony Parker since he plays for the Spurs. His resume speaks for itself. You are trying to tell me 2 backup caliber point guards are better than Tony Parker? Goodness quit drinking the Aaron Brooks and Kyle Lowry soup! Let's ask the Warriors if they would trade us Stephon Curry for Aaron Brooks and Kyle Lowry. I wonder what they would say?

From your list of 7 players of whom you thought Aaron Brooks was better than; they're only 2 worth an argument and that is Ridnour and Udrih. Both of their teams are about as bad as the Rockets are this year. I think they have the same problem as the Rockets do. The need of an elite point guard.

8. RV6

RV6 Member

i was talking about Marion, hence the "without nash" comment...

9. wireonfire

wireonfire Member

You are obviously biased. Can't you read? His per-36min rebound numbers are always more than 10, that is quite good. And his blocks per 36min is 2.5.

AR is raw on offense, but he is obviously very talented. You can go to Warriors board ask most of their fans. He plays very hard, but is a bit crybaby at this point, hence problem getting along with the coaches. Neither Nelson nor D'Antoni are always good with young players.

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

AR plays the 4, but we're stacked at the 4.

There really is no good reason to trade for this guy unless we think he could play at the 3 and I doubt he could play the 5. Unless we're making another trade after to net some other player.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

stopped reading after that. if you are gonna write that much at least try to lead off with a somewhat serious statement. i'm not a brooks nuthugger, but ffs at least try to write something based in reality.

12. RV6

RV6 Member

he's quick enough to play some 3, can play 4, and should be able to play the 5, unless its against a shaq-type or yao, which there arent many of.

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

he's got the handles and athleticism to play the 3, but i dunno if he has the brain or the shot yet. the kid needs a serious attitude adjustment. it seems as if he has been fed way too much bs by his agent and the people around him.

14. min

min Member

AR sux

he looks like a deer caught in head lights when he's on the court

15. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

He doesn't have the shot yet to play the 3, that part is clear. His brain and attitude is also questionable.

As for the 5, if we're going to play him at the 5, we might as well just focus on doing whatever we can to land on a guy like Cousins.

Cousins, like Randolph, has questionable attitude, but they have pure raw talent that any team would crave for. Not to mention, Cousins is big enough to actually handle his own down the post and play the 5.

Not saying we have a good chance of acquiring Cousins, but if we're going after Randolph, we might as well give the Kings what they want to acquire Cousins instead. A future possible frontcourt of Jordan Hill, PPat and Cousins (assuming we don't trade PPat and JHill for Cousins) looks a lot more solid than a future skinny frontcourt with JHill, PPat and Randolph.

16. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

RIGHT NOW Bledsoe is their starting PG

I didn't say LA would trade Fisher for Brooks, it would screw up their 10+ years of chemestry!

Mike conley is NOT better than Brooks!!!

Rubio has proves as much ad I have in the NBA!

If u think Beno and Udrih are a good as Brooks than u have never paid any attention to basketball!!

Miller is pretty good but he's getting old and Brooks is way better!

And I never said Brooks and lowry were BETTER than Parker and steph!! I said they were as good at what they do!

Here's my question.... If u don't like rocket players, why the he'll are u a rockets fan??? Or ard u even a rockets fan!?

I'm so sick of people dissing their own players! Show some effin loyalty

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Didn't New Jersey take Sean Williams and he is a talented big guy with a crap attitude......

Lots of talented guys with attitudes don't make it.

DD

18. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

fixed

19. houstonrockets0

I'm not dissing the Rockets. I am a Rockets fan; that doesn't mean I have to look at our players and make them out to be better than they really are. I'm simply stating that if the Rockets are going to upgrade any position; the point guard spot is the one that needs it the most. Agree or disagree I don't care, but any unbiased Rockets fan with knowledge of the game of basketball can see that Aaron Brooks is not a starting caliber point guard for a team that wants to contend for the championship.

20. jopatmc

jopatmc Member

Yes, lots of talented guys with attitudes don't make it. That is the unknown. But to compare the talent of Sean Williams to the talent of Anthony Randolph is not doing Randolph justice. Williams, while talented, cannot dribble end to end, see the floor, make the pass, or finish at the rim effectively after doing what Randolph can do. There's no comparison in their skill sets.