1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Jordan Hill to Lakers for Derek Fisher, 1st round pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thino, Mar 15, 2012.

?

Do you like the Jordan Hill for Derek Fisher+first rounder trade?

1. YES

359 vote(s)
    55.9%
  2. NO

283 vote(s)
    44.1%
  1. The Cat

The Cat Member

His initial mistake? The point of the McGrady trade wasn't Hill. The Rockets didn't draft him #8 overall. It was the future draft pick(s) and Martin. As far as Thabeet and Flynn, the Rockets traded an expiring, aging Shane Battier and Brad Miller's corpse to bring them in. I don't see where the mistakes were. You're acting like the Rockets gave up superstars, or assets that could turn into superstars, to acquire the '09 busts. They didn't. Morey acquired them for pennies on the dollar and hoped one could be a late bloomer. They weren't, so he waited until they were expiring and was able to flip them for a productive rotation player (Camby) and a first-round pick.

You're complaining just to complain here, which is somewhat par for the course for you. Yes, it's unfortunate that the Rockets don't have a superstar. Yes, they need one. The players they traded today weren't going to play a part in getting one. Moreover, the players they traded to get the likes of Thabeet, Hill, and Flynn weren't going to get them one. So I don't see the relevance of bringing it up.

As far as contending, you don't ever stop trying to make your team better. Yes, it would be great if you could neatly acquire Superstar 1, then maybe 2 and 3, then some good role players, all in order. But life isn't ideal. It's tough to build a championship team. The bottom line is that you have to upgrade your team whenever you get a chance, and the Rockets did that today while also bolstering their future. I'm finding it hard to b**** a lot today.

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I wonder if some people here even know where our assets came from.

Lowry, Martin, Scola, Parsons, Dalembert.

Not one player in our starting lineup came from a highly coveted asset. Not ONE single player. Lowry came from Alston, Martin from Landry who we picked up, Scola for V-Span, Parsons from a draft and Dalembert from a signing.

Stop complaining about how we can't magically flip them into a superstars, we got these guys out of nothing in the first place. This isn't freaking 2k12.

1 person likes this.
  3. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Member

If the Rockets could have traded hill for ONLY the 1st rounder...would you guys still be so upset?

4. lakersuck

lakersuck Member

Aside from Fish being a total prick this is a great trade. Losing Hill for a first round pick is amazing. Keep Fisher till Lowry gets back then drop him like it's hot.

5. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

We have a clutch player and a shotblocker now. Time for KLow and company to create havoc.

6. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

as soon as lowry comes back and we drop fisher who do you think we should get

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

Great point. All of these assets basically come from the equivalent of a second round pick at their origin with the Rockets, except Landry, who was probably worth a mid-first rounder when we sent him out for Martin.

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

And we basically brought Landry, he was a second round player that Sonics didn't want.

4 of our starters on the team right now came from second rounders. Martin, Lowry, Scola and Parsons are all either traded for or drafted in the second round. Dalembert is the only exception.

9. supdudes

supdudes Member

Keep in mind JHill was a pretty high pick himself. Plus the Rockets don't shine nearly as bright when it comes to first round selections.

Overall this was a "meh" move. Not so big, not quite small, and left alot of ppl scratching heads...

I don't hate the Fisher pickup, if he can help us win some close games, I'm all for that. At the end of the day we are still mediocre without any legit star.

10. bucket

bucket Member

Of course, Landry was drafted with a second-round pick that the Rockets paid cash for.

11. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Member

Am I the only one that likes Jordan Hill?

12. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I like the trade. I'm not any more a fan of Fisher than anyone else on this board, but I'll gladly take him and a first for Hill.

13. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Kobe not happy with Lakers front office due to this trade? I'd say this is a great trade already. ;)

14. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Member

As soon as I read Derek Fisher was a Houston Rocket the only word that came to mind was "Yuck."

15. clos4life

clos4life Member

I don't like DFisher at all. Faker and j*zz member now a Rockets member? Makes me sick.

16. Babalooga

Babalooga Member

Well the word that came to my mind rhymes with yuck....

2 people like this.
  17. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I hope they don't buy him out. I think he could be a good piece for the playoff run.

18. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

I don't know how I feel about actually supporting Fisher long-term. Hopefully he's a rental. On the plus side, we did get a 1st round draft pick. I didn't think we could flip Hill for anything other than filler.

19. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

lol @ all the hate Derek Fisher is getting. You guys act like he had sex with all your girlfriends/wives. Build a bridge and get over it.

20. highlander3128

Well, at least the Rockets can maintain their overall flopping ability in the absence of KMart. This is the only good thing I see out of this trade.