1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Jordan Hill to Lakers for Derek Fisher, 1st round pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thino, Mar 15, 2012.

?

Do you like the Jordan Hill for Derek Fisher+first rounder trade?

1. YES

359 vote(s)
    55.9%
  2. NO

283 vote(s)
    44.1%
  1. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

apparently when the bogut trade rumours when spreading around the league like fire, and morey was reported to be showing great interest in the trade, and then suddenly a few tweets came around saying "the rockets have now stopped pursuing bogut, suddenly moving onto another trade". I totally thought it was gonna be someone BETTER AND BIGGER than Bogut, e.g. Gasol or Howard. It all turns out that we were moving to pursue Derek Fisher.

</3

2. Come_Again?!

Come_Again?! Member

Just when I thought it couldnt get worse

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I hope your right.

4. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Any truth to the rumor that Scola will be meeting Fisher at the airport when his flight arrives?

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

Lowry probably won't be back for at LEAST another week, probably more. At least Fisher takes care of the ball and doesn't get beat on every. Single. Possession. When he tries to play defense... unlike Flynn.

I'm okay with Fisher as backup PG 15 minutes a game for a couple weeks. Any longer than that and I don't know if I can deal.

6. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Member

Not true. The Fisher deal was sort of last minute after the Lakers trade with Minnesota fell through. We may never know who Morey was really after.

7. larsv8

larsv8 Member

So if we miss the playoffs, we will have 3 first round picks in a stacked draft. Probably one top ten, one 10-20, and one 20-30. Thats pretty solid in my book.

8. caneks

caneks Rookie

Bum, this is awful.
    expecting Derek Fisher waived soon.

9. jopatmc

jopatmc Member

Aha!!! I finally figured it out!!

Darryl brought in Fish to help him negotiate a contract extension with ole Les!!!!

Yup!

In all seriousness, I think I know why Daryl traded for Fish. Will tell you in a little bit.

10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Getting rid of hill is like addition by subtraction.

Hill was terrible.

If we can get anything out of that pick then it's worth it as well for that too.

Even if we do keep fisher he is still at best going to be 3rd string and perhaps a stabilizer here and there for rest of season and playoffs. That is worth more on its own than flynn and what flynn would bring. Honestly hill wasn't giving us anything we have now a chance at a pick.

You have to look at the trades more as camby,fisher,pick for flynn, Thabeet, Hill..
    to me clearly we won and got rid of baggage in the process. Getting camby out of the shiatshow that was flynn thabeet and hill is enough on it's own. give me a just in case vet (who will be 3rd stringer btw) with 6 rings and a pick too and camby? yeah sure I'll will take it

11. larsv8

larsv8 Member

Hill wasn't terrible, he was servicable and we got consistently outrebounded when he was out. Stop making things up.

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

Agreed, he wasn't terrible. But at the same time I think Camby is a pretty significant upgrade.

13. solid

solid Member

A most generous analysis. What it proves to me is that Morey is a chess player where it is good to think several moves ahead, but this isn't chess, and it appears that the moves he lines up never materialize and we are stuck with taking out the trash.

14. lalala902102001

Well a first round pick is a first round pick.

That is all.

15. lr22

lr22 Member

How can 693 people liked this trade!?

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

Because we get a first rounder in a stacked draft class and don't have to watch Jonny Flynn pretend he can play basketball anymore.

17. white lightning

Traded a guy we weren't keeping next year for a 1st round pick.

18. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

Yeah IF we miss the playoffs. A lot of smart people here are saying these trades will propel us to the playoffs.

19. The Cat

The Cat Member

Again, so you quit? This is complete nonsense.

20. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Member

So did we get the Dallas pick or the Lakers?

I don't know why you guys are so upset. Fisher has been averaging around his career numbers in every category besides his shooting %. I think he will fit this offense well until we get Lowry back.