1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Jordan Hill to Lakers for Derek Fisher, 1st round pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thino, Mar 15, 2012.

?

Do you like the Jordan Hill for Derek Fisher+first rounder trade?

1. YES

359 vote(s)
    55.9%
  2. NO

283 vote(s)
    44.1%
  1. solid

solid Member

Some of you can see the silver lining of a steaming turd. I keep thinking, so this is the best you can do? Nothing better out there? Rocket's fans, we need to take our expectations down another notch, and mine are currently close to the bottom.

2. Margrave

Margrave Member

Rox are just being predatory

;)

3. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Morey did a good job of patching some holes for this season and obtaining another first rounder while keeping cap flexibility.

All for the price of 3 09ers that didn't get hardly any playing time... Good job even though it wasn't what we were hoping for...

1 person likes this.
  4. HillBoy

HillBoy Member

I wouldn't say that with any certainty. I'll bet that McHale actually tries to play this guy. But you are right, he's less than worthless but at this point so is another draft pick in the 20s. But this is vintage Rockets: much ado about nothing as they continue to kick the can on down the road.

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

I see a couple of small but solid trades. It's certainly not the big splash we hoped for but at least it's a net gain for the Rockets.

1 person likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Especially you were active with big time Trade scenarios.... Murray or Maury proved us wrong again.

7. deputyjmc123

deputyjmc123 Member

Solutions

I see a lot of complaining about the small trades and the Rockets' inability to make the "Big Move." As bad as DM wants to make that move, it simply was not there to be made. Howard agreed to stay in Orlando and NJ would not trade DWill (who I am not sure is a tremendous upgrade over Lowry, especially when you consider the salary he would command). Once the Lakers got their PG, they had no incentive to trade Gasol. While the splash that was made was small, DM is at least trying to improve the roster for this year's playoff run while still adding draft picks and maintaining cap flexibility. So quite whining and throwing out unrealistic trade scenarios that will not happen.

8. yahboyryan

yahboyryan Member

from being a starter to 3rd string once Lowery comes back from injury haha

9. deputyjmc123

deputyjmc123 Member

"Quit whining"...sorry for typo

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Most people also don't realize not only did we have a net gain in the trades, we also protected our capspace next year, to either resign Clee and dragic or load up on new players. Its a win now win later move. I was hoping we get bogut instead and tank but this one's ok too.

11. The Cat

The Cat Member

Chandler Parsons isn't worthless, and he came in the second round last year. Even later than the 20s.

Some of you love to complain for the sake of complaining. Get this through your heads: Jordan Hill was LEAVING. His option wasn't picked up. HE WAS LEAVING FOR NOTHING. After the Camby deal, there weren't any minutes for him to play. The Rockets got a first-round pick for a guy that wasn't going to play and was going to leave for nothing in two months. Not sure how in the world this is "vintage Rockets" in a negative context.

12. Asian Sensation

All of you guys hating on Fisher are crazy. He's exactly what we need to help keep us focused on our playoff push. He brings Championship experience and Lowry/Dragic can definitely learn a thing or two when it comes to winning big games. It's not like he's going to get a ton of minutes for the rest of the season anyways but I can see him being clutch in some key games and especially in the playoffs. And also it's nice to see we added some toughness to mix in with some softies. Besides, this move has to piss off Kobe.

I'm all for the moves we made today. Today was a HUGE WIN to me. We're going to make the playoffs no doubt and I'm confident we can actually give our First round opponent a good run.

The moves we made also provide more felxibility after the season is over. And to top if off we got rid of our 09 Rejects which we all hated on so much so how can some of you guys still complain? :confused:

I still can't believe Thabeet, Flynn and Hill went #2,6 and 8 overall.

1 person likes this.
  13. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Any updates on buying him out??

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

All eyes are on us come Draft and Offseason.

15. BugOnAHarley

BugOnAHarley Member

Still, I have no desire to see DF in a Rockets uni.
    Too much history for me to overcome. Plus he was the face of the players in the lock out. He is just one of the last people I would want on the team.
    I like to like the guys on our team and will have a hard time liking him.
    :(

16. SunsRocketsfan

still this is Derek Fisher we are talking about... :mad:

17. shanvhere

shanvhere Member

18. The Cat

The Cat Member

How do you propose these better trades be made? Should Morey take a gun to Otis Smith's head and force him to deal Dwight for our pieces? It takes two to tango, you know.

Yes, I'd have liked for the Rockets to make a bigger trade. It wasn't able to happen, so what do you propose Morey do? Quit? Just do nothing and sulk and cry that you couldn't make the big deal? That doesn't seem productive.

The Rockets got back better players than they gave up. They also added a first-round draft pick. They bolstered the rotation for a probable playoff team. That's not "silver lining". That's the reality. Both trades improved the team.

19. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Beggars can't be choosers.

20. cod

cod Member

It's a good deal because the Rockets picked up a first rounder but Hill loves living in Houston. There was a good chance for him to re-sign. He'll be unrestricted so that opportunity still exists.