1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Jordan Hill to Lakers for Derek Fisher, 1st round pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thino, Mar 15, 2012.

?

Do you like the Jordan Hill for Derek Fisher+first rounder trade?

1. YES

359 vote(s)
    55.9%
  2. NO

283 vote(s)
    44.1%
  1. lmaballa

lmaballa Rookie

everybody boo this piece of ****

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

Ok, I get it now -- feeling much better about this move.

3. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Member

Not bad then.. Actually good trade even though we will eat Fisher's overpaid player option next year.

What draft year is the pick?

4. The Cat

The Cat Member

Not if he's bought out.

Draft pick is top 20 protected, so it'll be the first year that Dallas has a pick in the 20s. Possibly this year, but wait and see.

5. cod

cod Member

Fisher is this season's Jackie Butler.

6. Chiron

Chiron Member

Too funny

7. BugOnAHarley

BugOnAHarley Member

DF is a washed up has been. :mad:

We need a new GM.

8. The Cat

The Cat Member

The point of the trade was the first-round pick, not Derek Fisher. Everyone knows that Fisher is worthless, Morey included.

9. Chiron

Chiron Member

I guess Hill is not worth a Hill of beans.... [bad i know]:grin:

He may have been a first rounder but he did not play like one...

10. kevC

kevC Member

Mods, can you change the OP as well? Stragglers are getting confused...

11. vince

vince Member

With the 1st round pick, this makes the trade acceptable. Not a great trade, but the moves today show the Rockets are wanting playoffs badly!!!

Hill cannot earn more than 15 to 18 points a game. He didn't earn the minutes with Adelman and he didn't earn them with McHale. He's a role player with limited defensive ability. His minutes are going to go to Camby... And they will be a lot more productive minutes I'll add. Hill didn't develop as a lot of people had hoped, but at least there is a 1st round pick coming back the Rockets way!! :) So hope floats onto the Mavs future draft pick.

Getting Fisher is an unpopular move. I don't like Fisher. He has shown us how dirty handed and a shady player he is; but he is tough as nails and as gritty as they come. He most definitely is capable of being a team enforcer from the point guard spot; that is, if the Rockets choose to keep him.

I think the Rockets know that the playoff are around the corner, hence Fisher would provide an abundance of playoff experience. Also his pit-bull mentality would intimidate opposing players. Camby provides another true center on the Roster. The days of Scola posing as an NBA center appear to be left in the past.

Lowry / Drogic / Fisher
    Martin / Lee
    Parson / Budinger
    Scola / Patterson
    Dalembert / Camby

That is an NBA line up... Though no one player can be mistaken for a all-star. But, it will make an excellent sparing partner for the best of NBA championship contenders!!!! This team has the capability to beat anyone... Though they have to do it on grit and not on pure talent.

1 person likes this.
  12. arjun

arjun Member

Question:

If Fisher is bought out...his salary next season does not hit cap...right?

13. Chiron

Chiron Member

Analyze , Compose then Post.

Also see Big Picture!

[​IMG]

14. coweye

coweye Member

Hopefully I will never see Fish in our colours.

15. Stack24

Stack24 Member

It's funny to me how many people are not seeing the end result of this. We basically get rid of someone that will not have minutes. Get Fisher (who i personally hate) and a draft pick. They are so blinded by Fisher that they don't see we get another pick in a very deep draft.

We need a backup for the time being, who knows he is probably gonna get bought out and at that point who gives a damn if at the end of the day we traded Hill for a 1st round draft pick.

No much risk here at the end of it all.

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

Fisher is a fair price to pay for a first rounder, and he's a better 3rd stringer than Flynn while Kyle is recovering. We better figure out that buyout in the offseason though.

17. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Clippers get Nick Young. Thats a real good deal for them to pair with Chris Paul and Griffen. 16 points per game guard.

18. mrm32

mrm32 Member

A couple of questions:

1) With the Lakers getting rid of Fisher, have they made enough cap room to sign D-Will this summer?

2) If we buy out Fisher, can he resign with LA this season?

19. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

The maximum additional salary (between this year and next year) that the Rockets took on to get that pick was about $3.55 million. If Fisher is bought out, that figure goes down quite a bit.

While there will be a dent on the Rockets' 2012 cap room, it won't be big; and the Rockets will have probably paid BELOW market value for a first round pick in the 2012 NBA Draft.

1 person likes this.
  20. kevC

kevC Member

How much does it go down by? And I don't think we're getting that pick in 2012.