1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Camby to Knicks for Douglas, Jordan, Harrelson, 2nd round picks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Jul 9, 2012.

?

Do you like the trade of Camby to NYK for Douglas, Harrelson, Jordan, 2nd rnd picks?

1. YES

573 vote(s)
    87.6%
  2. NO

81 vote(s)
    12.4%
  1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

Douglas sounds like a candidate to pair with Royce White. Put him out there to defend and knock down the open 3, and let Highway_30 handle the ball.

2. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Member

3. PeppermintCandy

He'll get plenty of minutes, I bet. He'll take the minutes that Jared Jeffries got, and then some. A frontcourt of Camby and Chandler will be pretty imposing defensively, and an overall PF/C rotation of Stoudemire/Camby/Chandler isn't too bad.

4. MadMax

MadMax Member

5. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

DD, is this you?

6. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Member

Of course I think so... However, it was interesting that he pointing out that DM had not much to play with in terms of S&T options and he still ended up with a phenomenal deal!

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

I sat next to him at a Rangers playoff game this year, nice guy.

He wasn't even angry when I asked him if he was Joakim Noah (really...)

Nah, I think Dreamshake1 is one of Rockets Dynasty's clones; hard to tell though honestly. Just ignore him.

1 person likes this.
  8. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Waive Courtney Fortson, and John Brockman. Let Greg Smith and Jordan fight for backup minutes.

9. van chief

van chief Member

damn how many guys are on our roster now?

10. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

I would like to thank Marcus Camby.

Not only was he a benefit to the team on the court when he was able to play but in his exit from this franchise, he helped secure players for two positions we REALLY needed and one that is overstocked.

Either way, Camby was a great benefit for our team.

11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

This trade helped the Rockets and Camby, but I can't help to look for what we got, like did we get any Forward? Regardless, I'm liking the direction of the team, next year, or the year after, we will get our men.

12. Mav-Hater

Somebody posted yesterday in this thread DD was banned. This looked like a DD post. I trolled an Aaron Brooks thread and a Morey bashing thread to see if it was true.

13. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Member

Yay, 2 late 2nd round picks and more trash. So we got more than we gave up for Camby initially. Let's not start sucking Morey's d just yet. He still has to turn this box of poo into something.

1 person likes this.
  14. JD88

JD88 Member

You're making that up about Jorts. Take a look at his stats his junior year at UK, then compare it to his senior year. Let me know what you find, you can post the comparison here.

Then look up the 4 games he started for the Knicks this year, you can post those stats here as well.

Can't wait to see what research you uncover.

15. heypartner

heypartner Member

I suppose you are talking about your scenario of Kidd taking over the PG position and Lin getting traded back to us. Yes, without rescinding the over then the Knicks match, they couldn't trade Lin to us for a year.

But keep in mind, if we rescind that doesn't mean Lin won't go find a similar offer sheet to sign from another team. I'm sure Lin will get this offer from someone else if not the Rockets.

16. heypartner

heypartner Member

The CBA only restricted aggregating the players for 2 months. Trading them individually is OK, immediately. But I doubt they bring back picks, so just waive them, no, if they are non-guaranteed?

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I must have missed this. If true (which could always be possible), why in particular? I could think of several possibilities, but he's been a bit more reserved lately, relatively speaking.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

He opened a second account and started flooding threads with it as well.

19. Mav-Hater

I don't know why or even if it is true. I know we were messing with him yesterday about his "sniper" account Margrave because he messed up and signed it DD. A couple hrs later all his Margrave posts were gone and all the DaDakota's were gone from the thread as well. Have not seen him post since

20. Toast

Toast Member

Knicks couldn't sign Camby on their own due to salary cap restrictions, so they needed to sign-and-trade.

Houston has plenty of cap room to help 'em out.

Am I the only one who really thinks this trade was, "You help us get Camby and we won't match your Lin offer sheet. Deal? Deal."?