1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Aaron Brooks for Jordan Hamilton

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Play07

Play07 Member

good for him ! He will get a lot of playing time from the nuggets to get second deal this summer. Smart move for him, hes not building value up sitting on the bench.

2. Fantasma Negro

I'm not really happy with this trade. AB was good for team chemistry and he did wonders for Lins confidence. Sad to see him go. I woulda preferred Anthony Morrow

1 person likes this.
  3. baller4life315

My only skepticism of this trade: is he better than Garcia?

Hamilton is 2/3 with questionable defense and a career 36% from distance.

Garcia is an older 2/3 with okay defense and a career 36% from distance.

....who wins?

4. Baqui99

Baqui99 Member

Rick Barnes faints

5. j3i

j3i Member

see you in 2015, brooks

6. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

He's got all the tools.

7. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

Don't get me wrong I like the trade but who is he going to take minutes from in our rotation? I really feel like we traded AB as a service to find him more playing time.

8. BonziWellsGOAT

Is this a ban worthy offense? becuase I feel it is.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

DreamShake:

Brooks, meanwhile, has apparently waived his de facto no-trade clause in order to get more playing time in Denver. Ty Lawson has been banged up, and Andre Miller is on the move, so the Nuggets needed some depth at the point guard spot. Let's hope he can excel with the Nuggets.

1 person likes this.
  10. tallanvor

tallanvor Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>FWIW: Because DEN declined 4th-yr option on Hamilton's rookie deal, <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Rockets&amp;src=hash">#Rockets</a> won't have full Bird rights on him. Limited to $2.11M next yr.</p>&mdash; David Weiner (@BimaThug) <a href="https://twitter.com/BimaThug/statuses/436575797332418560">February 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. allaroundplayer

Canaan is not ready if there is a PG injury.

That's for sure.

I expect another minor trade involving Casspi or Garcia.

1 person likes this.
  12. ArtV

ArtV Member

A Brewer upgrade

13. count_dough-ku

Hamilton will get a shot to prove himself. If he stinks up the joint, then he'll be dumped by the team after this season and they can go get someone else.

14. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Don't you think this is messed up? Brooks took lower money to stay in Houston then gets traded.

15. Lovemachine2000

Seems like a young Ariza with a better shot :D

16. Nook

Nook Member

Yup.... Hamilton has poor fundamentals on defense. He has the athletic ability and size you like, but too often makes poor choices.

17. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

He isn't lockdown, he's struggling with the added weight on his once slender frame, but he's athletic, and has a smooth stroke. His low and inconsistent minutes never gave him time to develop, but he will get time here and will produce, because the kid hustles.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

I think the deal is there with AB's well-being in mind IMO. He gets a chance to earn himself a very nice contract with some added PT as the primary backup on a decent team (even though they aren't currently a playoff team).

Jordan Hamilton by all accounts is very unlikely to see any significant PT unless .... well Parsons gets traded for Rondo (uhhh...)

Also this deal is as much about Isiah Canaan as it is AB or Hamilton. Just like...

-Battier was traded for PT for Budinger
    -Budinger was traded for PT for Parsons
    -2Pat & Morris were traded for PT for D-Mo/Jones/Robinson
    -Brooks was traded for PT for Lowry
    etc. etc. etc.

Same goes here for Canaan to develop properly with increased PT after the deadline. This is a pretty routine thing for Morey, and I expect Canaan to get his shot pretty soon if an injury happens or they give Lin/Bev/ Harden rest in the coming weeks.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Basically what this is. Not as good a defender but at least he can make 3s.