1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets showing interest in trading for Ricky Rubio?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Disciple2123, Jun 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Ricky would be a good pickup for the Rockets...good handles, very good passer, floor leader...we don't have that in any of our current PGs...

2. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I'm the kind of casual fan who doesn't understand the damage Rondo caused, or how the huge dropoff in TS% by Korver due to injury killed the Hawks' ball movement and spacing.

That's all I have to say to you, enjoy your trolling.

3. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Wow there is a lot of dupe accounts in this thread. Even if you act like a kid it's easy to see ;)

4. don grahamleone

[​IMG]

Rubio is a good NBA player. You may not like him, but he is most definitely one of the best passers in the league. We get that you don't value assists, but they always always always lead to at least 2 points per assist.

5. don grahamleone

Rubio's shooting percentage last year was horrible early in the shot clock. A pass first point guard doesn't need to be shooting early in the shot clock. He should be looking to create easy baskets for his teammates. Late in the shot clock (21+ seconds) he's over 50%. A good coach, like McHale, who can get Josh Smith shooting well from the 3 point line, can certainly get Rubio thinking more like a point guard.

It's towards the bottom:
    http://www.82games.com/1415/14MIN1.HTM

6. xiki

xiki Member

Thus, this whole entire complete total Rickymania is just a BS byproduct of BBHs fertile (sic) mind?

7. intergalactic

intergalactic Member

That's the "clutch" statistic you're looking at, which is likely a small sample size. In overall play, he's at 44% 21+ seconds into the clock. Bev is worse on this particular cherry-picked statistic (36%) but despite his offensive limitations he has a much higher eFG% overall (49%) than Rubio (39%).

Rubio is certainly good in the other areas, which makes him fun to think about in the video game sense. But he's the Roy Hibbert of PGs. He's got an elite skill but extremely easy to game plan around him.

8. basketballholic

In Minny this has some truth to it, some.

But in Houston, next to Harden and Dwight.....twould not be true at all.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Nu7rm5L62Us" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. THE_TRUTH_HURTS

He might fit ok in the regular season, his playmaking and defense would be a plus. But in the postseason when teams gameplan around his shooting weakness, I don't know how much further he would be able to push us.

10. giddyup

giddyup Member

I would love a special passing talent like Rubio on the Rockets-- just fun to watch.

11. intergalactic

intergalactic Member

It would be fun to see if this is true and Rubio's contract is not that insane with the new cba. It's a big gamble though. No pg with a major role had ever been as bad a shooter as him. If you really look into his stats you'll also notice that a huge fraction of his assists are for jumpers, rather than layups or 3s. In that highlight video there are so many plays with him getting his teammates an open 20 footer. Pleasing ball movement but an open jumper is still a tough shot.

12. thedude077

thedude077 Member

So are they still pursuing him or not?

13. spark06

spark06 Member

They STILL lost the series even after dismissing Rondo so that should tell you all you need to know about what the Mavs chances were without Parsons. Are you going to seriously tell me that a team's championship aspirations are hinged on Kyle freakin' Korver? Explain to me how is shooting is going to somehow stop Lebron James from dominating Demarre Carrol on a bum knee? You certainly are a casual fan.

14. Chuck Nevitt

Chuck Nevitt Member

15. MadMax

MadMax Member

We have 2 point guards I'd rather have on this team than Ricky Rubio.

16. FTW Rockets FTW

Lolz _holic. So gung ho about Rockets getting Rubio. We end up getting Lawson who is much better than Rubio as well as resigning Bev

17. baller4life315

Oh wow, the overrated PG that can't score and is owed $55M might be moved?

What incredible foresight.

18. basketballholic

I'm pretty certain Rubio is going to be traded. Don't know when. Might not be until after this next season. But, I haven't heard a single word about Rubio and Houston since the acquisition of Lawson.

However................it would not surprise me in the least if we acquired him midseason if the price is right. Even though we've already got Lawson. I say it wouldn't surprise me in the least not because I have heard anything recently. Like I said, haven't heard a word about Rubio since before Lawson trade. However....I heard so much talk about Rubio over the past couple seasons that it wouldn't surprise me at all if we still traded for him even though we've got Lawson.

And yes, I'd still be for trading for Rubio. He's more impactful on winning games than Bev and Brewer combined.

19. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Member

This. Completely this.

20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Hope we stay away from this guy as far as possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.