1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Season tickets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Apr 7, 2011.

Tags:
  1. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

That is exactly what I posted right before your comment. It's a complete scam. They promise you tickets when you buy ST. They don't say nothing about having to renew in order to get tickets at non rape prices. Eww I hope this team loses.

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

Has anyone's rep bothered to ask why you aren't renewing? Mine never did -- just wondering if any of them care enough to inquire.

3. AB423

AB423 Member

Yeah I thought you automatically get first dibs for them since it's for this year but nope.

Mine's did

4. dreammvp

dreammvp Member

I canceled after 13 years. .my rep asked aND I said because you have a garbage product on the floor and you don't offer the incentives you used to for renewing.....I told him it's a scam and the pricing structure is a joke and only an idiot would renew or if u just have money to waste..the guy stayed quiet and I told him tell your front office everything I just said...that was it...I felt closure after that. ..:)

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

Ha.... good for you!

6. Sooty

Sooty Member

It's bullcrap I only signed up to get playoff tickets AND the freaking rep said in WRITING I'd get guaranteed playoff tickets for this season. pathetic

7. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Member

Who is Richard?? The only one I could think of left a few years ago. Did they hire a new Richard?

8. Rocketsfan2008

Rocketsfan2008 New Member

Miss-information in this thread regarding Season Ticket Holders and Playoffs

I have been a season ticket holder for pretty much my whole life. I've seen the different reps come in and out and have become pretty close to most of the staff there. There seems to be a lot of miss-information regarding playoff guarantees in this thread and I'd love to try and clear some things up.

1) Playoffs for STH who are canceling are still guaranteed, but at a different rate. There is a rate for those who are renewing, those who were STH and are canceling, and then the rate for every other joe-schmo. I believe a previous poster had similar information. The kicker is, you do not receive a refund for paying in full for playoffs. They use that money as a credit towards your account. So, for example, if the total cost for a non renewing STH playoff seat is $1000 ($500 for championship match, $250 for 3rd round, $150 for 2nd, and $100 for 1st round) and the Rockets lose after round 1, then the remaining $900 would go towards your account for future tickets. Of course, if you do some basic math, they set this up in their favor to make it mathematically stupid to not do season tickets. If your playoffs only cost $1000 that means you were in the second level of Toyota Center and your season tickets probably cost just shy of what credit you have so might as well get an additional 44 games next year.

2)The reps who handle the happiness of their clients, I think their title are account representatives, are required to speak to every individual who wants to cancel. I recently asked what canceling would look like for me strictly out of curiosity (you should've seen my reps face when I asked) and he explained that in the renewal email they sent out there is an option to opt out. In that opt out process the account representatives are emailed with that persons information and that representative is required to call and speak to the client before officially canceling their account. So for a previous poster who asked about not being spoke to during the canceling process, you should really get in touch with someone at Toyota Center and let them know you feel like you haven't been taken care of.

3) ST are guaranteed for STH's! In all instances. So when I renewed last season, I was able to add the total cost (at the lowest rate available) to this seasons tickets. It's the same for this years playoffs. I have renewed and will be able to add playoffs ticket balance when they're available to be purchased to my overall total, and pay that off before next season starts.

I really hope this helps. There's nothing quite like being at the Toyota Center cheering the guys on and my friends whom I see at all of the events help make this purchase worth it every year. This season isn't nearly as bad as it has been before and it's definitely not too late for the guys to get it together. We may not be the Warriors or the Spurs, but we're ****ing Red Nation!!!

#69 Rocketsfan2008, Apr 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2019
  9. Rocketsfan2008

Rocketsfan2008 New Member

I have been a season ticket holder for pretty much my whole life. I've seen the different reps come in and out and have become pretty close to most of the staff there. There seems to be a lot of miss-information regarding playoff guarantees in this thread and I'd love to try and clear some things up.

1) Playoffs for STH who are canceling are still guaranteed, but at a different rate. There is a rate for those who are renewing, those who were STH and are canceling, and then the rate for every other joe-schmo. I believe a previous poster had similar information. The kicker is, you do not receive a refund for paying in full for playoffs. They use that money as a credit towards your account. So, for example, if the total cost for a non-renewing STH playoff seat is $1000 ($500 for championship match, $250 for 3rd round, $150 for 2nd, and $100 for 1st round) and the Rockets lose after round 1, then the remaining $900 would go towards your account for future tickets. Of course, if you do some basic math, they set this up in their favor to make it mathematically stupid to not do season tickets. If your playoffs only cost $1000 that means you were in the second level of Toyota Center and your season tickets probably cost just shy of what credit you have so might as well get an additional 44 games next year.

2)The reps who handle the happiness of their clients, I think their title are account representatives, are required to speak to every individual who wants to cancel. I recently asked what canceling would look like for me strictly out of curiosity (you should've seen my reps face when I asked) and he explained that in the renewal email they sent out there is an option to opt out. In that opt out process the account representatives are emailed with that persons information and that representative is required to call and speak to the client before officially canceling their account. So for a previous poster who asked about not being spoke to during the canceling process, you should really get in touch with someone at Toyota Center and let them know you feel like you haven't been taken care of.

3) ST are guaranteed for STH's! In all instances. So when I renewed last season, I was able to add the total cost (at the lowest rate available) to this seasons tickets. It's the same for this year’s playoffs. I have renewed and will be able to add playoffs ticket balance when they're available to be purchased to my overall total, and pay that off before next season starts.

I really hope this helps. There's nothing quite like being at the Toyota Center cheering the guys on and my friends whom I see at all of the events help make this purchase worth it every year. This season isn't nearly as bad as it has been before and it's definitely not too late for the guys to get it together. We may not be the Warriors or the Spurs, but we're ****ing Red Nation!!!

10. W.P.

W.P. Member

Anyone Buying 2016-2017 Season Tickets?

This will be my first time as a season ticket holder. I doubt that I will go to all 44 games, but the price difference between half season plans make it a better deal because the ticket price per game is lower when you buy season tickets. I figured that I would just give it a chance. You only live once and it won't financially kill me.

I like to go to games by myself, so I only bought one ticket. The issue is that it is difficult to sell single tickets.

Feel free to message me if you would be interested in buying some tickets on flash seats once the season starts.

Also, for previous season ticket holders, are there any differences in perks depending on which section/price tickets you buy? I would assume that club, floor, and suite season tickets have better perks, but I'm not sure.

11. Play07

Play07 Member

That feeling you get when you know you made the right decision to not renew your seats.

This year most games I couldn't make was hard to get 60-70% of what I paid

12. TheresTheDagger

Damn.

You should be Clutchfan's spokesman. I actually feel sorry for the ticket sales reps tho. They don't control what's on the floor.

13. W.P.

W.P. Member

First time season ticket holder in ledge dining

I will be a first time season ticket holder in the ledge dining section. It is on the lower suites level and you get a buffet included with the ticket. You also get early access to the Toyota Center and get in 90 minutes before the game starts. You also have access to the east and west club with these tickets. You won't have an assigned seat in the club section, but you can still watch the game from there in the benches or standing up. I am probably not going to go to all 44 games. If interested in going to some games, send a pm and I may put them up on flash seats.

14. W.P.

W.P. Member

Is anyone interested in ledge dining tickets? I will have season tickets, but I know that I will not be going to all 44 games. I can post some on flash seats when they become available.

15. W.P.

W.P. Member

Yes. Since I'm on a payment plan and they say they don't do refunds, what I have paid so far can be used as a credit and go towards purchasing additional rockets tickets or concert tickets at the Toyota center. I might just bite the bullet and switch to club seats for the full season. What do y'all think?