1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets re-sign Beverley to 4-Year $25M Deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 3, 2015.

1. MistaK

MistaK Member

Brewer's contract is a pretty sweet deal if you just look around the league and the type of contracts that are being handed out. Brewer has been in this league a long time (and could have got paid more by SAC as was reporter) and deserves one decent multiyear deal.

2. Rokman

Rokman Member

Just saw that Reggie Jackson is still available. Hope Morey is working the phones with his agent and a sign and trade with Detroit. They need some bigs now that they lost Monroe. Come on Morey, Get'r done!

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wow! Ridiculous value for Bev, the guy must really like playing for the Rox to the point he didnt bother maximizing his opportunities on the market. All the haters and doubters here can kiss my ass, Bev is an integral part of this team, he has a ton of heart and no quit in him. He played like trash last year but that was cuz he was dinged up, after an offseason of RnR he should right back up and ready to rumble.

Most people here look down on his pg skills but the thing is the dude is still young and learning the game, as he gains more experience he should be better at play making. In a market where Baynes get 12M for 6 pts and 4 rebs it iz crazy we got him at Ariza level, with Brewer, Smith, Bev and Ariza all taking discounte the Rox are now one of the best value teams in the league. So glad he remains a rocket, suck it Cubes!!!

4. Mattician

Mattician Member

Glad to have you back!

5. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Member

The LOF are blowing their stack on Yahoo about how 'terrible' a player Beverley is in comparison to Lin...that his contract extension was only a move to justify their politically correct & racist move of trading Lin to keep Bev, etc, etc, etc.

It's going to be funny when Lin comes back to Houston on a min deal to play back up to our back up.

I'm a Lin fan, & hope he does well in the L, but these Lin only Fans are too much to handle.

6. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Member

I think bev was grateful for the rockets taking a chance on him way back when, and he was quite loyal to the team. also, he knows his role somewhat with the team. All the teams that were going to court him were on rebuild. No way he goes to those teams.

7. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Member

I dont want to see LIN here again. LIN can go to the kings or mavs or whatever.

8. JD88

JD88 Member

Now I can only hope CF stops dogging Bev.

I've been the dudes biggest supporter on here and ISH. CF sees bad stats and assumes he's no good.

But Bev is EXACTLY the pg we need alongside Harden. He took 60% if his shots from behind the arc last year. If he can knock those down at 40%, he's going to be a steal.

2nd team all defense.
    Going into his fourth season in the league.
    At 26?

That is a steal. 'Pun' intended.

9. FeaR

FeaR Member

Although i was never a big supporter of Bev. His contract is rather cheap and a great asset.

10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I'm not a huge fan of bevs basketball skills, but I'm good with the deal. Young guy, plays hard, has some ability. Plus I'm just a homer......dude just signed a multi year deal and hopefully we can maintain some stability. It will be nice rooting for the same team as the previous year.

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Member

That's a good name, but I think Detroit will try to re-sign him and flip Brandon Jennings instead.

Dude is on an excellent expiring $8m deal and wouldn't be a bad get

12. the shark

the shark Member

In the Chronicle this morning from PBev:
    "Because of the numbers Dallas was throwing around, I was kind of worried that Houston wouldn't be able to match it".

13. shastarocket

shastarocket Member

^ That is ridiculous to me. Does Bev not understand the concept of free agency?

I mean, I appreciate his loyalty and honesty, but have some self-respect!

Also, this pretty much explains why the Rockets didn't wait to match an offer sheet; Bev was waiting for the Rockets' offer and wanted to return more than anything

14. Dubious

Dubious Member

With all the top PG's in the West, your only options are to have your own or have a guy that takes their guy off of his game. Bev is that annoying little dog that barks so much you can't think. That makes him an excellent complimentary player with Harden when Harden is handling the ball well and scoring, which is most games.

I'm glad we got a home town discount, I'm surprised his agent didn't get a trade kicker.

15. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Member

We need another a starting PG because we shouldn't let Harden carry the entire load again. Anyone who thinks he's not the real MVP is a statistics watcher. I'm already assuming Dwight will magically have an injury for a month or two pre-playoffs again. If Bev was available for the GS series, that series goes seven games. We can play just fine with Harden, Bev, and patchwork vets. What we really need are pure 3-point shooters.

16. jump shooter

jump shooter Member

Agree with you on most of what you said but the rockets and Harden still need a play making PG in the worst way. Beverly is the teams pit bull and I'm ecstatic they resigned him, but if they could add someone like Darren Collison that would take tremendous pressure off of Harden in not having to be Superman for most of the rockets season. I know LMA is their top priority at the moment but if they strike out they need to back up Harden with a play maker by his side who's a low turnover get the rim type of player.

17. Rokman

Rokman Member

Bev had the exact same fear as me.

18. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Bev doesn't have self respect because he wants to player for a contender, doesn't want to move and wants to stay with the team that believed in him b4 anyone else?

19. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Gotta respect this.
    He's no chanandler persons.

20. JD88

JD88 Member

I'd love, love to get a DJ Augustin who can run with the second or first team.