1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets may be interested in White Chocolate?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Interesting comment by Feigan. I guess one Rafer isn't enough.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/5399917.html

2. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Member

Getting him wouldn't even be a lateral move. We'd be going backwards.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I thought RA had enough of him in Sac Town

Rocket River

4. Sooner423

Sooner423 Member

Any move for J-Will is purely a salary dump. Either Mike James or Rafer and a lower salary guy.

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'd trade Mike James and Snyder for him, just to get rid of Mike James' horrible contract.

6. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

I agree except for the Rafer part.

7. fnn2097

fnn2097 Member

I don't think we'll get him. RA shipped him away for Bibby few years ago, which means that he doesn't really like white chocolate. Moreover, i don't think he is the legitimate PG we are looking for. Not worth it.

8. The Brian

The Brian Member

i'd be fine with shipping mike james.

if we trade alston, we're screwed.

9. MeatAndPotatoes

DO NOT WANT

i thought this was pretty good:

[​IMG] jerry sloan is one of the greatest.

10. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Mike James + Snyder for J Will. This will give the Rockets 1 roster spot + more flexibility in salary next season.

But I dont think Pat Riley will do this trade. Riley knows Mike James better than you and me.

11. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

No White Chocolate for Christmas and hopefully forever, at least for the Rockets.

12. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

I used to like watching White Chocolate play when he was in sacramento. Dude had some flashy moves.{insert you tube video here} :D

13. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

but I think Pat Riley is desperate right now.The Miami Heat need some help they sliding pretty fast.The Heat would would be a good place for Mike James and Kirk Snyder.

14. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

I read this in Feigan's nba notebook in the paper this morning, and found it interesting how he rips Magic for suggesting Tmac should be traded and providing little argument to back up his diagnosis, while Jonathan does pretty much the exact same thing throughout the article. He mentions J Will being available and the Rockets as an interested party, but offers absolutely nothing to prove his point beyond hypothetical.

At least Magic has a limited window of expressibility, being on the most time-conscious medium of television, and you could make the argument that nobody on that show backs up their arguments too thoroughly. Feigan has a whole page in the Sunday paper, and several days to prepare his arguments. What a hypocrite.

Obviously, J Will is not what the Rockets need. If you think we have a ball hogging defensive liability running the point now, try white chocolate's version of defenseless dribble-happy on the Rockets. We would be much worse making any deal, but I'm not worried about it actualizing.

15. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Riley is desperate but Riley is also a tough trader. Riley rather digs out some unknown names from CBA or D-League instead of having Mike James and his contract.

btw. Mike James started his NBA career as a Heat.

16. MeatAndPotatoes

ya, rockets gm got's be be smarter than to bring jason williams [​IMG] here.

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

It does look like a salary dump but he'd definately bring depth to the PG position. With Alston's recent run of injuries they'd want some insurance. His current and career FG% is marginally better than what's available to the Rockets now at PG.

There's also the benefit of his expiring contract (which is big enough to get a decent player back) where they can try to trade him at the very end of the season.

Rockets need some White Chocolate.

18. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Member

I rather keep playing Brooks and see what he's got.

19. saleem

saleem Member

I don't want White Chocolate and his arthritic knees.If we could use the 9 million
    from his expiring contract it would be somewhat tempting but I don't think the Rockets should go after him.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Demonstration of why he will never win a championship

Rocket River