1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Rockets, Lakers, Hornets trade now dead

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 8, 2011.

?

CP3 to LAL, Gasol to HOU, Odom/Scola/Martin/Dragic/pick to NOH. Do you like the move?

1. Yes

332 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. No

585 vote(s)
    63.8%
  1. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I like Morey going for a C that can play on both sides of the floor. I just wonder what he'll have to give up.

2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Will you still love our chances when they flip Bynum for Howard??

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If we trade for Gasol, I wouldn't mind us trying to make a play for Nene if possible. That might be a really nice front line.

4. AXG

AXG Member

I don't mind them trading away the '09 draft class but hopefully not for future draft picks.

5. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

Don't understand the move for Pau; didn't we already see when he's the #1 guy on a team filled with solid role players in his first go-round in Memphis? The one that led to him being dumped just to get rid of his max contract? So now he makes more money, and is 31 instead of 27? And this is worth Patterson/Lowry/Scola/Morris/Picks? If the price is cheaper, sure. But if New Orleans is going to trade Chris Paul before the season starts (and people can still cancel their season tickets), they're going to need .90 on the dollar.

Honestly, I hate even mentioning tanking, but the Rockets with Pau would be the very definition of an also ran.

6. vick

vick Member

Its Gasol for Kevin Martin

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I don't think Bynum is enough for Orlando to trade them Howard.

The Nets are willing to send Lopez and at least he's not injury prone.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

LOL. yeah, K-mart will be the Lakers SG of the future.

9. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

Don't think Pau is much of an upgrade for Houston. How much better is Pau than Scola - not much.

10. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

where do u see that?

11. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Id rather Gasol for Scola.. Why do we need 2 PF's? Gasol cannot play center and I personally wouldn't want him to play center. Trade Scola and maybe Bud/Hill for Gasol and sign Dalembert or Nene and roll with that

12. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Can we also somehow get into the Chandler S&T with Dallas and see if we can get Amare?

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This is not good for Houston at all. Gasol is on the decline so the Lakers just throw their trash at us! Come on Morey! You're bigger than this. I am hoping Morey pulls the rug out from under everyone by pulling out of the deal. That would send the entire league into a frenzy.

14. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Are you serious?

Gasol is a bonafide elite PF in this league. He's put up 10 straight seasons with 20+ PER!

Also, for those of you who are saying Gasol's in decline, he's coming off of the best year of his career second only to his last year in Memphis. He's actually increased his production every year in LA.

15. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

NOOOO !!! **** Gasol, that guy is a whiny b****. I swear I'm not going to support the Rockets if that numbnuts comes here.

16. thino

thino Contributing Member

clutchfans is alive again! lol

17. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Gasol is light years better defensively. We're not going anywhere with Scola's defense, as nice of an offensive player as he is.

18. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

exactly this, people need to wake up, wtf are yall thinkin sayin no to gasol? i dont even like his game that much, but this is a move you have to do

i also highly doubt morey gives up too much..

19. risemeyer

risemeyer Member

Lakers Obviously dont want to give up Bynum, im not sure if Bynum would even fit in Houstons System though and we all know Bynum+Lengthy Minutes=Tired/Injured Center. My big "?" Who's going, I can See Scola,Hasheem/Hill,Flynn(N.O) leaving. Lowry,Pat Pat and K Mart ned to Stay. Will Pau Help us get De-Andre Jordan or even Marc? Would marc accept houstons lower offer if Paul would be in the Big H? I Hope So. I just dont want us to be the deciding factor on CP3 and DWH12 going to L.A

20. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

That would be my ideal situation.