1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets, Lakers, Hornets trade now dead

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 8, 2011.

?

CP3 to LAL, Gasol to HOU, Odom/Scola/Martin/Dragic/pick to NOH. Do you like the move?

1. Yes

332 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. No

585 vote(s)
    63.8%
  1. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

yah...didnt think about that...what else is lakers giving with pau...that trumps our package out right?

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

daldridgetnt David Aldridge

3. AXG

AXG Member

Gasol is a pretty good player and an upgrade at the 4/5 but I don't think he makes the Rockets that much better, maybe 5-6th seed. I'd also rather give up Scola, than Lowry.

4. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Please no. Gasol can't carry a team anywhere.

5. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I would not give up anything more than Scola and Hill for Pau. Then sign Dalembert or Nene if he will sign here.

6. Johnson2000

Johnson2000 Member

Lakers can keep Pau( i think he is declining)

I want Bynum only 24 years old( he needs a change of scenery)

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

And is anyone else concerned that we'd be handing LA a dynasty championship run with Paul, Kobe, and potentially Howard? No way we should be helping the Fakers like this. We are in the Western-freaking conference afterall.

8. Rockets_4_life

The players that should be off the table if this trade is just for Gasol are Lowry, Martin, Morris, Patterson and Motiejunas. Anyone outside of this guys they can have....

9. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    The bidding to sign Clips' DeAndre Jordan to an offer sheet Friday likely to include G-State, Houston, New Orleans and Denver, sources say.

10. ThaShark316_28

Exactly what I'm saying over here.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Actually I'm not sure I like this. Gasol is 31 and on the decline, I say Morey cuts LA out and just trades for a 1 year rental of Paul.

12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Ugh, now Aldridge:

13. ArtisGilmore

ArtisGilmore Member

For those questioning the basic logic behind the trade, it seems to me the Lakers and Hornets would like to get a CP3 deal done, but don't have the young players that the Hornets like, but Houston is interested in trading some of its young players for Pau Gasol, so the Hornets would then be essentially trading CP3 for Houston's young players, Rockets would be trading its young players for Pau Gasol, and the Lakers would be trading Gasol for CP3 straight up. Whether it's a good trade is obviously up for debate but the basic logic makes sense to me.

14. Raven

Raven Member

If we give up our picks for P. Gasol, fans should boycott the Rockets. Why exactly do you make this trade? What exactly does it accomplish?

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Think about it. Kobe has all kinds of stuff wrong with him. Bynum is an ijury ticking time bomb and CP3's injury history isn't great.

A short training camp and 1 injury and that team wouldn't make it to the WCF.

If that happens CP3 walks and we still have Gasol for 4 years.

A true PF and a true center if we get Dalembert. two 7 footers. I like our chances.

16. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I would LOOOOOVE Lowry-Martin-whoever-Gasol-Dalembert.

17. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

PRAYERS ANSWERED:

We're getting Ariza back!

18. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Flynn and thabeet

19. anchel

anchel Member

1st and as spaniard: I'm shocked, I could never have imagined that Pau could end on the Rockets.

2nd, I agree with you. At 31 and after too many minutes played in the NBA as well as with the national team, Pau's body is not the same that that one from the rings. He's no longer at his best physical moment, he has lost a little bit of mobility to gain strength and pounds. He has had some problems defending outside as a PF, and at the same time he's now probably better rebounder and than ever. So his future in the NBA could perfectly be as a center, even though he could keep playing as PF and give you that supersize advantage.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Scola isnt young. I dont see how scola stays with Gasol here. Do they really think Gasol is the answer at center? A Pau-scola frontline is not the answer.