1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Lakers, Hornets trade now dead

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 8, 2011.

?

CP3 to LAL, Gasol to HOU, Odom/Scola/Martin/Dragic/pick to NOH. Do you like the move?

1. Yes

332 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. No

585 vote(s)
    63.8%
  1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

We need to keep Lowry and I still want to put Gasol and Martin on the floor together.

Patterson+Lee+Budinger+Knicks pick+Hasheem Thabeet
    Sign Sammy D.

Dalembert/Hill
    Gasol/Scola
    Williams/Morris
    Martin/Someone
    Lowry/Dragic/Flynn

2. tomjc

tomjc Member

NO TO PAU. YES TO MARC. ... oh wait. YES TO REBUILD.

3. Muaz

Muaz Member

4. Rudy

Rudy Member

No more dealing with NBS. National Basketballs of Stern aka National Bull S---.

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Just looked this thread is almost twice as long as any thread in cluthfans history. Thank you David stern for correcting one of Morey's few mistakes and potentially the worst trade that could have been made now that the rockets have blindingly bright future.

1 person likes this.
  6. AFS

AFS Member

Man, I remember how after this trade got nixed, there was talk of Morey almost resigning. That offseason was crazy.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Crazy how significant this was...

No deal = No Pau = No loss of Draft picks and Martin = Having Harden = Future for the Rockets

8. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Like i said before, its a blessing in disguise.

9. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Thank God the deal didn't go through.

10. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Yes, wow . everything so far has worked out. the deals that we didn't seem to do
    Far as I can think of
    Amare to Houston :rolleyes:
    Caron butler , if we traded for him there would be no KMart for the Harden trade.
    Pau Gasol , woulda been playing like crap on that ridiculous contract.
    Andrew Bynum, if we woulda traded for him , almost all of clutchfans would be AOH.
    Dwight Howard,assets going out but he's bright lights bound. no way he would re sign.
    There are trades we did do but minor ones. hit or miss.

11. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

for the first time in our lives we have to thank David Stern.

12. thekad

thekad Member

A good way to find out which posters to ignore when it comes to trades and player acquisitions: anyone who was for this trade.

13. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Time to stop listening to Daryl Morey.

14. Nero

Nero Member

Pull back on those reins a little bit there..

This was a 'fork in the road' event. Morey was trying to WIN with the guys he had, do what he could to make them better, push them up into 'upper-level' competitor status, and then attract a superstar that way.

It is not like it was a horrible plan.

Now don't get me wrong, I was not a huge fan of this deal either, but people should not remember it like it was some kind of disaster just because much later on we managed to land Harden and Lin and Asik, etc. We got those guys because we really had no other choice but to blow the entire thing up, thanks primarily to Herr Stern.

Anyway, I am glad Morey didn't quit over this fiasco, and he has proven himself to be ten times the man Stern is.

Now I just wish I could actually WATCH MY TEAM PLAY. :mad::mad::mad:

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

We still could have made the Harden trade and would have been in better shape now.

Lin/Harden/Parsons/Nene/Gasol

16. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I remember this trade fairly well. I was against having Pau, and thought he was past his prime. Was he better than any player we had on the roster? Yes. Does that make the trade a good trade for us? Yes. For what it's worth, this trade would have made Pau our main option. He can pass, he can post up, he can shoot the J, his game isn't bad. Who would we have had to be a legit 2nd option? IDK nor do I care. Would've been interesting to see how we would've made the playoffs last year then see how FA treated us then.

17. ling ling

ling ling Member

Quick, look up the trade for Harden thread and see how many were against it because he wasn't worth the Max and it costs too many assets.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

If Mauri got the go-ahead from the league for that trade, I'm sure he could have flipped it around for something else. Maybe not a Harden, but we could have gotten a really good team as well for this season. We may never know for sure, however I trust Mauri.

19. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Aww the memories. I did not like the trade at all, but I was very upset when stern vetoed it because he seems to always screw us in some form or fashion. Now we get the last laugh, thanks stern.

20. conquistador#11

I couldn't believe we were the ones doing the heavy lifting for L.a at the time and now looking back...I still feel the same way.

Forget bullets. We dodged some heavy artillery fire.