1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. megastahr

megastahr Member

What was I thinking lol

2. i3artow i3aller

3. Boughtit

Boughtit Member

I believe he is the guy that started the "Happy times" thread and clutch locked it up.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Rocketman81

Rocketman81 Member

He started a thread a few days ago called Happy Times. It was his 2nd post on Clutchfans but he has been a member since 2011. Cant remember exactly what he said but he was implying that we were going to sign someone but he wouldnt say who. People started thinking he was trolling so Clutch locked the thread after a day or 2.

6. i3artow i3aller

"I have observed that not the man who hopes when others despair, but the man who despairs when others hope, is admired..." -John Stuart Mill

1 person likes this.
  7. OmenXYZ

OmenXYZ Member

Welp, It's about time to start the day. Who's ready for more speculation?

8. DreamRoxCoogFan

The big 3 will end up together, we won't land bosh. But the important question is- should we want him?

Bosh doesn't necessarily make us a contender. This team needs to improve on defense, and Bosh isn't a significant upgrade to that end. Moreover, he's no longer a plus rebounder or a post player. In the playoffs, you need tenacity, grit and defense. A lineup with harden, bosh and dwight won't exactly terrify the opposing team's offensive gameplan.

Rondo makes this team much better than Bosh would. I'm not saying Rondo is a better player than Bosh (although it's possible he might be at this point), but his contributions would have greater impact than adding another scorer. Boozer, for the right price, would be a great pickup as well.

9. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

But Boozer is a much much worse defender than bosh. Boozer doesn't even close games in Chicago because Gibson is a better defender. Bosh would be a great add but that's just my opinion.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

One last pitch!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>In addition to Pat Riley, it is believed Miami's Erik Spoelstra, Mickey Arison and Dwyane Wade will attend today's meeting with LeBron James</p>&mdash; Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/statuses/486821951382757376">July 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Heat officials are going into today's pow wow with LBJ with no real feel for how James will react to offseason moves. Nervous anticipation.</p>&mdash; Chris Mannix (@ChrisMannixSI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixSI/statuses/486823309372166145">July 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Miami continuing to hope that James's faith in Pat Riley and his respect for Erik Spoelstra will be a major factor in his decision.</p>&mdash; Chris Mannix (@ChrisMannixSI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixSI/statuses/486823603132846080">July 9, 2014</a></blockquote>

#2770 J.R., Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  11. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

And there you have it, he's going back to Miami no doubt. Lebron just wanted to feel needed by forcing Riley to do something or else I will go to Cleveland so he's got them begging and bringing out everybody they can to persuade him to stay. The Cleveland being a real option was all posturing.

12. JD88

JD88 Member

Lebron is going back to Cleveland.

Bosh, I'm assuming, would sign with Houston then, but I don't know what he'd do. The smart thing would be to sign with Houston but its possible Miami lands several good players in Lebrons place.

Regardless, Lebron is 100% gone to Cleveland.

13. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

I already have the feeling the Heat fans left the building ... again. :grin:

14. shastarocket

shastarocket Member

Bosh's defense isn't a significant upgrade over TJones'? Are you sure you've seen his elite PnR defense?

Also please don't tout Boozer as a solution to get "grittier". No one will take you seriously.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

16. Swishh

Swishh Member

Just putting this out there in case others don't know and ask why Bosh won't be at the meeting - he's on vacation in Sri Lanka.

17. JD88

JD88 Member

Oh Im sure.

My brother works for Nike in the upper echelons of their marketing team somewhere, and said they are trying to integrate a 'revive Cleveland' campaign with lebron and manziel.

I told him that doesn't mean anything, but he told me that Lebron has already notified those at Nike of his decision.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Bosh was like, "Bron and Wade never take me out anyways, guess i'll just go to India, bet they won't even notice i'm gone" :p

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Member

Judging from his wife's twitter, looks like they are on a world tour. No wonder there has been such poor communication in between everybody

20. giddyup

giddyup Member

someone needs to let LeBron's travel agent know the dates of the NBA free agency period