1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Melo seems to be doing the same thing

Rocket River

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

http://youtu.be/g331wGrTMn4

Chris Bosh is a sissy plain and simple. He's a good basketball player granted he is soft but as a man I wouldn't refer to Bosh as one in many areas concerning manhood.

3. Nook

Nook Member

According to Windhorst on the radio, James thinks highly of Granger as a player. Everyone knows about their trash talking, etc.

4. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

So both Melo and Bosh cannot play with Lebron so someone has to be left out In the cold right?

5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I agree completely but more needs to be done. I posted this in the Random trade idea but if we miss on Bosh then maybe our next move is to get Rondo/Ryan Anderson.

6. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Morey shoulda put a deadline on the contract offer

7. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

What part do you not understand when you hear Bosh tell the world that HE IS HAPPY IN MIAMI?

He wants the big to stay together IN MIAMI.
    Houston is just a fall back plan in case Lebron goes to the Cavs.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

No sense in doing that.

Just keep the offer open and continue working for K-Love.

The moment you strike a reasonable deal for Love, you do it and pull Bosh's offer.

Keep your options open.

9. photojoe

photojoe Member

Says the random person sitting behind a computer

10. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Bosh can laugh to the bank but the truth still comforts or offends.

12. maczmina

maczmina Member

I miss codman :(

13. count_dough-ku

I'm fine with that up to a point. But Morey can't let this go on too much longer. Assuming he has a Plan B or C or D or all the way to Z, he doesn't want to lose out on those while waiting for Bosh to make up his mind(or more accurately for Bosh to wait for LeBron to make up both their minds).

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

Most likely he expressed to Bosh's camp that if he wants to join the team as currently constructed, we would need a decision by the 10th in order to ensure Parsons gets resigned (even though technically the 13th could be the drop dead date before his cap hold goes up).

Thursday is the day that pens go to paper. I guarantee that teams and players will push to have a decision by midnight tomorrow night for the big fish. If Bosh knows that either the max offer or Parsons goes away as early as Wednesday night at midnight, I would think we'll at least get some resolution on Bosh at the very latest by tomorrow night.

The Rockets could technically drag this thing out till Saturday night at midnight, but I'm sure they will want some sort of guarantee by tomorrow night.

15. Nook

Nook Member

What makes you think he isn't working on plan D,E,F right now? They have a near max offer out to Carmelo right now and also a max offer to Bosh as we speak.

The Rockets had an offer out to Lowry at the same time that they had a near max deal out to Carmelo.

I am sure that Morey is working on other deals as we speak.

16. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Speculation for this begins now

17. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

18. count_dough-ku

But Melo has reportedly turned down the Rockets already. Lowry resigned with Toronto. If Bosh says no, then there go all the big name free agents. The worst thing that could happen is the Rockets miss out on not only them, but a bunch of mid-level guys as well who signed elsewhere while they were waiting around for Bosh to make up his mind.

19. photojoe

photojoe Member

Say what you want about him being soft. With Dwight Howard on our team, that wouldn't be an issue.

I would gladly take his defense out to the perimeter, allowing Dwight to stay near the rim. I would gladly take his outside shooting and his pick and pop ability, allowing Dwight to operate in the post and opening the lane for Harden to drive.

Even if that meant that some people claimed he was soft.

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Member

Absolutely. Every other athlete would have cold cocked Bayless... No doubt!!

That's why you see it every day. Athletes confronting critics on television and punching them. Common occurrence!!!

What? It's not? Oh yeah, because that'd be idiotic.

Bosh clearly isn't a power post. He is what he is. Which is a potential great fit for Houston but otherwise a guy whose been completely upfront - more than you can say for any other big name free agent. You may not like his decision or view it akin to being a lapdog... But he's a second fiddle on a championship team, whether the alpha is Lebron or someone else. That he's choosing the best player in the game (and one of the best ever) as his first option shouldn't be all that surprising or deserving of ridicule...???