1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets could turn attention to Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikeyharris, Jul 3, 2014.

1. meh

meh Member

So far it seems no one else has picked up on this. Is this just Stein making a mountain out of a molehill? I am certain that Morey at least placed a phone call to Bosh's agent "just in case." But unless they're keeping it super-secret, I'm not sure there was anything beyond just a courtesy call to show we're interested.

2. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

sure he will.. there will be times when he is on the floor without dwight

you get real for once! tellin me to be real.. check yoself

3. blunto

blunto Member

Maybe some people don't actually watch him play. His ORB% has declined the further away he is from the basket. "Dist." shows the average distance from the basket he shoots.

[​IMG]

In 05-06, first year as an allstar, he was averaging 9.2 RPG, while pulling 20.6% of the available defensive rebounds. Last season he grabbed 20.3% of the available defensive rebounds, but his total RPG dropped to 6.6.

What was the difference? His average shot was 4 ft further from the basket. In 05-06, 98.8% of his shots were from 2 pt range, while last season it was down to 77.1%.

[​IMG]

I have other knocks against him (including that he doesn't appear to be a true leader, which the Rockets still seem to need), but rebounding isn't one of them. If you can get behind Melo playing 4, who rebounds at a total rate of 10.3% on his career, then I don't see how you can complain about Bosh's 14.3% rebounding rate.

1 person likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol sorry but why get agitated so easily... Love isn't necessarily going to the Houston

5. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Which time? The first time we courted Howard he wanted nothing to do with us. He made that clear. Morey knows we aren't getting Bosh. Bosh knows he's not leaving Miami. This is a PR move by Morey in case we don't get Melo. Instead of saying we struck out on all our FA targets, it'll be like "well atleast Morey tried". Our future is basically in Melo's hands. We are NOT getting Bosh

6. underrated015

underrated015 Member

consolation fa.. chris bosh? ill take it. he gets ridiculed a little too much because of the offense they have in miami. not like we have a great offense with our mastermind coach. needs to get his rebounds up but in a conference with LA , ill take chris bosh on my team. think him n dwight will be great together.

7. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Should have made Lowry and Ilysavoa plan A.

8. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Pass on Bosh. Main reason Miami got destroyed by Purs. Vince Carter type player. You'll get flashes, but enough for 84 game schedule.

9. secund2nun

secund2nun Member

Great idea...let's pay a max contract for a player to merely shoot midrange shots and shoot 3s at a mediocre rate.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Only 82 games in the NBA

11. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I have no problem with Chris Bosh.

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Member

The writing is on the wall, folks! Melo is staying for money/city/legacy, Bosh may be ripe for stealing away. Either you grab the "perfect fit" or you get stuck with Jordan Hill and crew.

13. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

For the Basketball guys, if Bosh lands with the Rockets, would it likely help his Offensive game? Would he likely put up bigger Offensive stats? Also would our fast style of play fit Bosh's game?

14. rolyat93

rolyat93 Member

15. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

I am not sure Bosh is the answer. But he is a much better fit than Melo, and cheaper most likely too. He is a top P&R defender and does not need the ball to be effective.

16. meh

meh Member

Assuming the Love rumors aren't totally BS, I hope Morey's already talked to Bosh's agent and told him this.

1. We will wait for Melo's decision
    2. If Melo doesn't choose the Rockets, we will offer Bosh the exact same deal(probably 4yr/~$80mil compared to rumored Miami's 5yr/$90mli)
    3. If Bosh doesn't agree to it within a day, we will move on.

If there truly is a Love trade ready to go, Bosh should only get a short amount of time before we pull the trigger on the Love trade.

17. batkins

batkins Member

I wouldn't mind getting Bosh, but I don't think he's worth the max.

18. Twin_Towers

Twin_Towers Member

No problems with Bosh here, either...I'd be interested to see him play somewhere other than Miami. He seems to get lost in the shuffle quite often there. Can't forget that game against Portland where he scored 37 points. Definitely a capable player...maybe not a max player.

19. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Jesus H. Morales...We are not getting Bosh. He is not coming here. He said publicly that he would take less to stay with the Heat. Unless, he wants to be known as the dbag who broke up the big 3 and as a selfish player, he WILL NOT be leaving the Heat.

Time for Morey and crew to start focusing on more realistic targets. Love is the only top FA left. He should also be focusing on defensive-minded vets/roleplayers before they get all snatched up...ie Deng.

20. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Once again. Kevin Love is NOT a free agent.