1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Rockets.com) Inside the Rockets draft war room

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Egghead, Jun 23, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Egghead

Egghead Member

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Did anyone see where it's written they have a Brooks+Budinger for Lebron James deal in place?

3. rodmanhust

rodmanhust Member

not much to see
    but thanks for posting the vid

4. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

surprised Feign said its not that crazy on draft

5. saleem

saleem Member

Great to see Adelman playing a big part in the process. Morey is a good talent evaluator,but RA's expertise is critical.

6. RV6

RV6 Member

Stuck at the office late, talking and researching basketball over pizza? Where do i sign up :grin:

7. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Cool video... gave some insight into the system. I always felt Adelman had a lot more pull than some suggested. Brooks was pretty much his choice as was Budinger. In the end Les has to give his stamp of approval.

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

I imagine Morey and crew have prepared as much as possible and have all the plans diagrammed and ready to follow. Just a matter of rolling with the punches thrown by other teams.

1 person likes this.
  9. Egghead

Egghead Member

Brooks and Budinger both played in the Pac-10, Adelman still owns a house in Portland and RJ went to Oregon. I bet Adelman watches a lot of Pac-10 basketball and probably knows alot about the good NBA prospects in the Pac 10.

10. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Well done video -- good insider perspective. I like that they lift the curtain a bit for the fans. It's pretty cool to see all the staff in one room -- you can see how important their consultants/hired gun geniuses are.

11. RV6

RV6 Member

Is there a good bio out there for Gersson Rosas? He looks very familiar to me and not from following the rockets and i know he went to UH, but a while back, is he originally from houston ?

12. txppratt

txppratt Member

love the video.

that's ALOT of information to stay on top of on draft night...

holy smokes, technology rules.

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I hope there's good ventilation in that war room, because it looks like cramped quarters that could get quite funky with all those guys in there. You know Morey probably hasn't showered in a week leading up to the draft with all the preparation he's doing. He's probably so funky his shadow left him.

14. ClutchCityReturns

I used to play basketball with his brother. I believe he went to Dobie High School in the mid 90's.

15. BMoney

BMoney Member

The funk!
    [​IMG]

16. RV6

RV6 Member

Doubt it, I can see Morey taking back a call about a team's new offer, which is finally a good one. "well, we're not very happy at all with what you're offering, im going to have to discuss this extensively with my guys, might just drop the whole thing though". then goes home, takes a nap, showers, practices his upcoming press conference in the mirror, then goes back to the office after hours where there's a new message about a better offer from the team. "i guess we'll take it, got the press conference ready for tomorrow".

:grin:

Dobie, that's down 45 south before the bltway, right? I think i've seen him or someone who looks strikingly similar at the 24 hr fitness at almeda. Maybe a younger brother? Do you know where his family is from orginally?

17. worzel gummidge

Not as nice as the Suns war room