1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

(Rockets.com) Doubt Him If You Dare

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KingStevo10, Sep 30, 2010.

1. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Full Story in link

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/courtney_lee_making_strong_fir_2010_09_30.html

2. waddizal

waddizal New Member

This guy has been getting praise from everyone these days. Can't wait to see him in action. Sounds like a get weapon to have, very versatile.

3. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Yeah, I can't wait to see this guy playing, I wanna see what he's got.

Welcome to ClutchFans by the way.

4. RAID

RAID Contributing Member

i'm really excited to see how well courtney plays in our system. it's nice to know that if brooks, lowry, or martin go down, lee can step in with little to no drop off in talent.

5. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Shane Battier said he been the most surprising in camp can't wait to see him play

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Is there a reason why we're only posting snippets nowadays? I'm too lazy to actually click the link...

7. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Well that article is by Jason Friedman, and he's asked us before not to post his whole articles so he can get his clicks. Just a common courtesy thing.

8. raleigh

raleigh Member

In the time you took to type your reply...

9. ArtisGilmore

ArtisGilmore Member

The staff writer get paid at some level based on how many hits he gets on his articles. Since it's a good author writing good stuff, why not help him out by clicking the link?

10. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

With that in mind, Lee is certainly bolstering his case by showing himself capable of handling spot duty at the point guard position. The reality is it will likely be a moot point – at least the Rockets hope so – with stalwarts Aaron Brooks and Kyle Lowry already on the squad and fellow training camp standout Ish Smith potentially joining them. What Lee’s point prospects do show, however, is that he’s perhaps better with the ball in his hands than previously given credit for – an ability which would serve him well and be a boon for the Rockets regardless of whether he finds himself at the 1, 2 or 3.

Well there you go AB is gone. ;)

11. waddizal

waddizal New Member

Rick Adelman is the best coach for him because he'll give him the chance to reach his full potential and not just define him as a role player and limiting his responsibility to just defence.

12. DontTradeOswalt

Lowry, Lee, and Bud coming off the bench :eek:

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I know! Our bench may be just as good as our starters. Seriously.

14. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

What's good about Lee being able to play the point is if we're matched up against a big point like Billups, we can put Lee on him on defense and still keep an outside shot. Lowry might be good at D, but on offense he'll let the defense play off of him.

15. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Our bench is the best in the league.

1 person likes this.
  16. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I absolutely cannot wait to see this team in action. Screw trades. As it stands today we are deeper than Adelman's Sacramento teams. It just comes down to a question of two things with this team:

1. Can we play defense?

2. What will our talent max out at when the playoffs come and everyone else shrinks their rotation?

With guys like Lowry, Lee, Battier, and Yao as definite fixtures in the rotation I hope #1 will be answered immediately. #2 is why everyone wants the superstar trade, but let's see what we have here first people. Kevin Martin, Courtney Lee, and Patrick Patterson are the three I am looking at whose values should take an upswing immediately once the season starts. No point in making deals until we can quantify how good those three are. Maybe when it's all said and done, we won't even WANT Yao to play more than 24 minutes, not even placing any consideration into his health issues.

2 people like this.
  17. solid

solid Contributing Member

This is going to be a fun team to watch regardless of how the season ends up. Our second team is better than several clubs first team. When they come in, there is not going to be much of a drop off in talent. Not too many teams can say that. I just have a feeling that one or more of our young players are going to step up their game and surprise everyone.

18. DUHK

DUHK Member

This might be a dumb question, but the first group Martin is referring to is the starters right? I'm not sure how training camp works and how players are divided into >< in any case, it's good that they are gelling so well.

19. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

"More good news: one day after rolling his ankle in practice, Yao Ming was back in action Thursday, just as he said he would be, making Yao 6-for-6 in terms of his training camp participation. As Yao continues to make slow and steady progress in his comeback, questions persist about how Head Coach Rick Adelman will utilize him. The actual answer to that query, however, is something that only time can answer.

“It’s going to be hard with Yao,” said Adelman. “The decision will be (based on) how well is he playing; how can he help the team? It’s not that he can’t help the team, it’s just is he ready?
    "

Sound familiar? Scary.

20. DUHK

DUHK Member

And even though DM says chemistry isn't as important as people think it is, I do think so. That's what coaches like Phil Jackson bring up and that's what the Heat are trying to develop in camp now.