1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets and Nets talked last week about Asik and Lin (12/21/2013)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Dec 21, 2013.

1. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Dude is washed up.

2. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

You got me, I could've sworn he was above average back in Utah

3. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Hell no there are a ton better options out there than three years of cap killing injuries

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Meh, id probably pass.

Aside from his rookie season, career low in points, assist, free throw attemps and rebounds this year. Just a awful season for Williams. Only averaged 14 points and 6 assist, definitely NOT worh 20 million per year, he's had injury issues, and is in his 11th season, who knows wether he'l bounce back next season, or just continue to degress. If its the later, we'd be totally ****ed

5. queazie

queazie Member

To be honest, and I'm sure a lot of you feel the same way, I do not want to let Asik go.

I still think our team is fantastic, just need a good defensive coach to teach the guys team defense. Also a good offensive coach.

Our team do not have a mid range game at all. If there were a mid range game, driving to the basket would be much easier if the 3-pointers are not falling...

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOL can't even believe this is being discussed.

7. makio9

makio9 Member

For a long time Deron Williams name has come up. Morey wants him bad. I want him too!

8. makio9

makio9 Member

With rising star Jones the PG spot is where we should be looking to bring in a star. It's our weakest position hands down now.

9. makio9

makio9 Member

And the Nets billionaire owners is one of the few that has no issues taking on Lin and Asik's salary's.

10. xiki

xiki Member

Or is it DHo who wants DWill bad???

11. don grahamleone

Deron wants out.

-He's been playing terribly?
    -He's washed up?
    -He'll never be a top player again?
    -He's over-rated?

He's had ONE bad season with the Nets... and that was after they overhauled the roster. His only real knock are the injuries, but this definitely seems like a risk Maury would jump on. The dude is 29, has that veteran experience and if the rest of the league is thinking he's all question marks, the price will be right. Keep an eye on this deal, indeed...

12. queazie

queazie Member

I like Deron William's beard. It fits in nicely with Harden's beard ;)

13. saleem

saleem Member

I think DM will go for Kevin Love, Melo or Rondo. Deron will break down physically.

14. red32

red32 Member

He's gonna get killed in the West.

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Are people really considering taking on Williams and his brittle ankles? After Yao and Tmac?

16. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

No thanks to D will

17. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

I am not even sure I would take Deron over Lin if the salaries were even. And I am not a big Lin fan. Williams is that average. When you add the salary commitments it isn't even a question. You sure as hell don't also give up Asik.

Dallas is the kind of team that might still take a shot at him with no other realistic options and just pray something magical happens to give them a shot in Dirk's last couple years.

18. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Wouldn't call a 4% difference in shooting percentage identical. In that case Lin had identical shooting percentages as Parker.

And you're not looking at the whole picture. With Dwill you get someone experienced who can control the tempo and be a floor general. Also, you get a starter who can actually make the opposing point guard put in effort on defense.

I'm not totally for this move because of the contract he's on, but he would make this team much better. Bev is a hustle player who can defend but can't do much else at all. Lin is an inconsistent player with weak handles. Dwill would give this team some consistency and veteran leadership

19. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

Lin is better than Deron Williams.

20. Solaris

Solaris Member