1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets among teams interested in Chris Kaman

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nadman89, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yes Kaman for Flynn, Hill, Williams and Thabeet! Lets do it!

2. crash5179

crash5179 Member

No one throws mud on the wall to see what sticks more than this putz.

3. delishman

delishman Member

Kaman would be cool... but I would not offer much of value. Some combination of 09ers, Buddy, and MINN's second rounder is about it.

4. valorita

valorita Member

Bill Ingram = DD :confused:

5. RV6

RV6 Member

IIRC he got in shape after all that out of shape talk started and then had an injury. By "ready" i meant healthy. A healthy, in shape, Davis is only going to help them.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

We are trying to get Wall?!

7. jopatmc

jopatmc Member

Thabeet, Flynn, and Hill is enough salary to get it done. If NO will do that, then we should go for it. It increases our expiring contract value, which could come in handy in a big trade to get Dwight, or Deron, or both.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

And when it doesn't happen he'll take an elephant-sized dump on Morey The Failure. He haaaaaaaaaaates Morey. Which is OK. I'm no fan of the Rocket Guy.

9. zcity

zcity Member

I wouldn't want this guy off the waiver wire - awful !!!!

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

Don't be ridiculous. He's a strong bench/fringe starter at the 5 and he's MUCH better than Jordan Hill.

11. alethios

alethios Member

Please, anything but the 2012 Knicks pick. I keep cheering on the Knicks to lose. I think that pick will be somewhere in the 6-10th spot.

My feeling is that because we're not set realistically at the SF position (no offense to CP or Bud), that we may pick up Kaman for the season. Once FA frenzy begans in July, we're probably going to target either Nicolas Batum or Gerald Wallace, and wouldn't Portland like to get their hands on Kaman, considering their center situation.

12. pmac

pmac Member

I just don't see a way for the Hornets to get everything they want. Typically in this situation (trading an expiring contract, regardless of talent level) the team takes back a better player with a long term contract. Maybe if the the Hornets were confident they couldn't afford to re sign Eric Gordon we could do a Martin+expirings+young talent for Gordon+Kaman. Other than that I don't see anything that makes sense for both teams.

Kaman is good, just not good enough of a difference maker to give up a young talent and picks. Especially when teams know they can get him for nothing this offseason (or lose him this offseason).

13. xiki

xiki Member

And you're not worried King David may stack ping pong balls in Knixies favor for a Top3? :eek:

14. leebigez

leebigez Member

If the rox were entertaining the thought of nene/gasol front line, why not kaman/dalembert?

How about this:
    Kaman for scola,hill,and williams

That would allow the rockets to play with length and become better defensively. Kaman is also a good post player and rebounder. Kaman,dally,and parson as a front line is pretty dang good.

15. Rockets111

Rockets111 Member

No way in hell I do that deal.

If I'm the Rockets, I make sure of two things: That it doesn't cost New York's pick (that team is a flat-out mess, especially considering Baron Davis is considered its saving grace) and that Kamen will re-sign in the offseason.

I like Kamen a lot, but I'm not gonna give up all for him. I'll give the Hornets, Thabeet, Flynn, Patterson, Hill and Minny's pick. So it basically amounts to Patterson and a pick for Kamen. Done deal.

As for those who think we're rebuilding, I've never thought so. Morey does, but Les doesn't. Guess who wins that battle?

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

Who are we not after?

1 person likes this.
  17. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

This would be the ideal scenario to dump Scolas contract. Throw in Marcus Morris too. But no picks.

18. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

No Scola for him. Not worth Scola. Scola is actually worth more than Chris Kaman. So no for Scola. If its for Hill and scrubs it makes sense. No to draft picks and no to Scola.

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Kaman is a good pickup if we do it without giving up any rotation players at all.

Otherwise forget about it!

We could save NO $5mill by simply swapping expirings around (Thabeet + Flynn + Adrien)

There is less than no sense in giving them Scola as part of a deal. Or Hill. Or any rotation player - no sense in getting worse for the privilege of adding Kaman...

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

Why are so many people willing to give up Scola, who is a good PF on a favorable contract, for Kaman? I want Kaman but I'm not giving up a starter for him, nor any of our core rotation pieces who get 20+ per game.

The only way I'd even consider giving up a core player is if we're getting a top young gun in addition to Kaman.